cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 19 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Brian,
Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

@clarkphilatelics wrote:

brittanie@ebay wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I was under the impression that the new "Listings Quality Report" has rolled out to everyone, but I'm seeing some sellers indicating they don't have it. I do have it, but I'm wondering: has it rolled out to everyone? And if so, is there some qualification that must be met in order to receive it?

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques - Great question! The last update I have is that we would have this report available to all store sellers in the US around the end of 2020 and that we would continue rolling it out through 2021 to other sellers. I don't have a timeframe around when all sellers should see it though.

No sign of any "Listing Quality Report" in my account.  In the past, eBay recommendations for enhancing listings were not particularly helpful. Will this be any different? Item specifics defined by eBay have not been that helpful to buyers. My listings are generated from inventory, condition attributes, and item specifics based on Scott Catalog definitions. Building listings is an automated process with manual review to shorten titles if necessary. Unfortunately, eBay item specifics definitions and filters in the Stamps category do not match Scott catalog definitions and there is no item specific for the Scott catalog number. Potential buyers who start with a catalog number are often disappointed by the number of false positives from unwanted hits from irrelevant numbers in titles.

It would be helpful to see the Google shopping tab. Will recommendations be affected by the disconnect between stamp marketplace terminology and eBay item specifics or the lack of a catalog number item specific or no defined item condition values for "Used" and "Unused"?

@clarkphilatelics wrote:

brittanie@ebay wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I was under the impression that the new "Listings Quality Report" has rolled out to everyone, but I'm seeing some sellers indicating they don't have it. I do have it, but I'm wondering: has it rolled out to everyone? And if so, is there some qualification that must be met in order to receive it?

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques - Great question! The last update I have is that we would have this report available to all store sellers in the US around the end of 2020 and that we would continue rolling it out through 2021 to other sellers. I don't have a timeframe around when all sellers should see it though.

No sign of any "Listing Quality Report" in my account.  In the past, eBay recommendations for enhancing listings were not particularly helpful. Will this be any different? Item specifics defined by eBay have not been that helpful to buyers. My listings are generated from inventory, condition attributes, and item specifics based on Scott Catalog definitions. Building listings is an automated process with manual review to shorten titles if necessary. Unfortunately, eBay item specifics definitions and filters in the Stamps category do not match Scott catalog definitions and there is no item specific for the Scott catalog number. Potential buyers who start with a catalog number are often disappointed by the number of false positives from unwanted hits from irrelevant numbers in titles.

It would be helpful to see the Google shopping tab. Will recommendations be affected by the disconnect between stamp marketplace terminology and eBay item specifics or the lack of a catalog number item specific or no defined item condition values for "Used" and "Unused"?

I'm checking into this the roll out and who may not have it yet and will update when I have more information. 

In the meantime, you can see more information on the report here.  I believe most of your questions are answered there, though I will clarify that as we make our recommendations by comparing your listings, in quality and content, to other listings in the same category that perform; other sellers will have the same recommended item specifics and item conditions options as you do, so there should be no affect to the report.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 61 of 63
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

What annoys me about the new Required Item Specifics is that the answer to the question being asked is either not available or not relevant for the particular item, and there is NO reply I can make for that IS that eBay will accept.

@vrykalak - I understand that would be annoying. Without an example, it's hard to say what's happening, but I would recommend reaching out to sdsupport@ebay.com to provide your example and feedback, so they can provide some further guidance on that.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 62 of 63
latest reply

@luvkatartisanjewelry wrote:

Hello,

I have been selling on eBay since the early 2000s, and I take great pride in providing excellent service to my buyers. I haven't sold anything since last year, therefore the new "Managed Payment" program was truly new to me. I was surprised that eBay has resorted to such a program meant to punish fraudulent sellers, yet it punishes the good sellers, like me, as well. Like most people, I am doing everything I can to make extra money during the pandemic. As soon as I had a break from school, I cleaned out my closet and listed some shoes on eBay, which sold immediately, and I was expecting the money to be available to me instantly like it was before. I was appalled to learn that it would take up to a week to reach my bank account under this new program. In addition, the fees seem to be much higher under this new regime. I shipped the item yesterday, and I found out the funds will not be in my bank for 3 to 5 days. That is a really long time when times are tough like they are. 

eBay, sellers are your business, and you should not treat all of us like criminals. I have no idea what happened between eBay and Paypal, but I really prefer having my funds go to Paypal and be available immediately. I'm seriously considering leaving eBay. I feel like eBay does not care about its sellers, and when the executives decide to increase the revenue, the first place it comes out of is the seller. I just had to give my feedback and let you know how I feel. 

@luvkatartisanjewelry I appreciate your time selling with us. We absolutely value sellers who treat their customers well. 

I am sorry to hear your transition to payments hasn't gone smoothly. That's definitely not what we want. Having eBay manage payments instead of PayPal was in no way meant to be a punishment for our sellers.  We believe this is an opportunity to deliver a more seamless experience for both buyers and sellers, while offering a greater choice in payment and payout options. 

We aim to pay you as quickly as possible, but are dependent on the credit card brands (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc.) and banks for payout processing and timely funds settlement.  I would recommend checking here for what current fees are, so that you're not surprised by the total going forward. 

We definitely would like to keep you on as a seller, so if you have any further questions or need assistance, please consider contacting a payments-trained teammate by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 63 of 63
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: