cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 22 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

@lacemaker3 wrote:

sheila@ebay 

I hope that you had a good vacation, and are back to work effectively now.

While you were gone, there was an issue reported with a group which has apparently been closed, and all the threads have been archived with the new Tier-2 archiving process which completely removes them from the site, for ordinary users.

In this case there are several users who would very much like to get access to the threads and recover information which they had believed was safely stored and protected in this group.

Here are the posts about this. You have now locked this thread down, which is not a very friendly way to address this issue.

Please try to find a more helpful way to address, and help the users to either get their group back, or at least to be able to get access to the blocked/removed threads so they can copy their data again.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/We-can-t-get-into-our-community-group-anymore/td-p/32...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Cafe/Call-from-scammer-ATT-DirecTV-to-be-paid-by-EBAY-gift-card/t...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-Community-Platform/Community-platform-issues-on-my-radar/m-p/325...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-Community-Platform/Community-platform-issues-on-my-radar/m-p/325...

Hi @lacemaker3 - Sheila doesn't normally participate in the weekly chat, but I'll make sure she sees this. 

Thanks!

-----

Edit to add: Thanks @lacemaker3 - Sheila asked me to have you copy this into a new post on the Community Platform Feedback board and tag her once more so she can review and respond there (and you can too).

Tyler,
eBay
Message 31 of 32
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

On 12/16/2021 I reported 26 suspicious transactions, likely unauthorized use of buyers' accounts, and that nearly ALL of these buyers had received feedback from dell in the past month and/or past 6 months.  Now I see that many of these buyers either have no feedback or lower feedback scores with the feedback from dell missing.  What is going on?

Hi @somanypostcards! I know you started a thread here and I've replied a few times. I'm happy to reiterate that you can cancel the transaction using the problem with buyers address reason. Doing so will trigger an internal review. If the account looks good, nothing comes of it. If not though, and it's a bad account, then action is taken.

There's not necessarily a way for us to pre-emptively stop them from buying, but this is the route to take should any more questionable sales come through. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 32 of 32
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: