cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Aug 2nd @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Please join us here for our weekly Community chat at 1 pm Pacific on Wednesday 8/2. There isn't a set topic this week so feel free to ask us your eBay buying & selling questions. 

Talk to you then!

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Any word on a fix or more importantly an announcement about the tracking problems ebay and the USPS have had for a week now?

Message 16 of 105
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@do.you.read.me wrote:

@Anonymous

I have a question about how old your seller account is, and what tests, if any, are being run on that seller account.

When you reply to our concerns about anomalies we see, you fail to ask basic questions about the user's operating system. Are they using an app, a laptop, mobile, device, phone, the advanced listing tool, the quick listing tool, viewing in a store front, fixed price, auction, international, ad infinitum?

How can you possibly give an informed answer when not one user has the same view, parameters, tests or experiences on this site?

Those of us who have more than one account have experienced first-hand just how uneven the playing field is here, especially with accounts started years apart from one another. When some tests stick to certain users for the duration, while others are never subjected to tests at all, none of your attempts to duplicate glitchy experiences are valid.

Control groups are a requirement in all areas of statistical study. Without the same parameters, your looking into these issues amounts to little more than uninformed speculation, based on only your account setup.

Until the entirety of ebay is on the same playing field, your research on technical issues. is pure bunk science.

Hi @do.you.read.me - @Anonymous isn't in the office today but I'd be happy to assist here. When it comes to technical issues being reported (speaking generally of course due to the number of variables that could be involved), there are basic steps we can take to try and get to the bottom of what's happening. You're right, our accounts aren't always going to have the same pages/views as others, but we do have access to look into those views to troubleshoot.

There are some tech issues that require information like operating systems, etc., but after years of working with our tech team, we know what they're looking for and we ask for what's needed.

Message 17 of 105
latest reply

I've discussed this within the community already, just looking for an assist: SOME of us recently lost the ability within Seller Hub to sort Active Listings by the Views column. Some didn't lose that ability (including one wife's Seller Hub lost that sort option, while her husband's Seller Hub didn't) , and some sellers think they never had it. For me, the Views column still is sortable on the Ended & Unsold listings pages. It seems the frame/coding was altered/broken only on the Active Listings page of Seller Hub, and that now-broken code is deployed only for some sellers. Please fix it....
Message 18 of 105
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

Welcome Back - hope you all enjoyed Vegas and TY for providing those of us who couldn't go with the pod casts.

Question - I'll be going on vacation at the end of Aug. I usually hide my items - but when I put them to view again - it seems that they need to re-index all over again and sales are very slow for about a month.

Do you lose your place in rotation because the items are hidden?

Hey @tunicaslot - if you put your items on Vacation hold and block purchases, when you bring items back after vacation the items will re-index, which could take up to 24 hours to get back into search. 

Just got back from vacation Tuesday. I am noticing the slowness. 

Message 19 of 105
latest reply

Thanks tyler!

Message 20 of 105
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

Welcome Back - hope you all enjoyed Vegas and TY for providing those of us who couldn't go with the pod casts.

Question - I'll be going on vacation at the end of Aug. I usually hide my items - but when I put them to view again - it seems that they need to re-index all over again and sales are very slow for about a month.

Do you lose your place in rotation because the items are hidden?

Hey @tunicaslot - if you put your items on Vacation hold and block purchases, when you bring items back after vacation the items will re-index, which could take up to 24 hours to get back into search. 

Just got back from vacation Tuesday. I am noticing the slowness. 

Me too.  I just returned on Sunday.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 105
latest reply

Hi Triston and all

It seems I am going to have a problem again. I have someone who messaged me she is going to return two pair of pants she purchased. Her reason "nursing home won't let her keep them". I dread so much he return since my giving the proper refund creates a problem. She has not told EBay and she has not told me how she intends to handle her return. I can't help her as they turn into such a mess. I never got the final value fee on the last one. It is getting to where it just depresses me to list because someone might want to return.

Now what Texy : )

Message 22 of 105
latest reply

When is Ebay going to do something about these buyers who leave neutral or negative feedback that is blindsiding a seller? We as sellers can't help unless we know of a issue. Finding out there was a issue from feedback given seems wrong.

Message 23 of 105
latest reply

Why not a Ebay open 2017 for west coast and later in the year for us on the east coast? Kinda hard to travel across the USA. 

Message 24 of 105
latest reply

Any updates from the shipping team on when they will be adding a Priority Mail Express Padded Flat Rate option to our shipping choices?
Message 25 of 105
latest reply

@mam98031

I've been examined a lot of code for sellers trying to get their listings mobile compliant. Some of what you see may simply be a limitation of eBay's tool rather than a bug.  eBay's "width" solution adds (success) a simple snip of code that can only fix issues with photos found in simple templates. However, there can be other content (failure) in the page that prevents the page from shrinking, including table code, embedded CSS, long unbreakable words, and long runs of underscores or dots.

For example, eBay would not be able to fix this listing 391038130786 due to the underlying code. If you need more help with mobile friendly or active content, I can assist on this forum:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Replacing-Active-Content/bd-p/activecontent

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 26 of 105
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

It has been noted on the Canadian boards that Seller Hub can't be used over multiple ID's and sites.

So, if you have 4 ID's and sell on .com and .ca you would have to deal with 8 Seller Hubs, one for each different ID and each different site.

How does this make it a replacement for Turbo Lister which can do it all.

Was the song and dance about getting rid of Turbo Lister and that the Seller Hub will replace it just a bunch of bunk.

Does Ebay even care that they are not giving us the full and truthful information.

Maybe they should retain Turbo Lister!

If I have to pay a bunch of money to replace Turbo Lister, it will make it very unprofitable to stay with Ebay and keep 1 or more stores.

Honest comments please and not we will refer it to the appropriate team.

Thank you

Howdy @papermoneyforme - Seller Hub is not primarily a listing tool - it is a tool designed to give you deep dive information associated with your listing categories, a tool to manage and fulfill your orders and do market research and get other suggestions on how to grow your business. Because of its tailored nature, it is account and site specific. 

While we've been told that all the features of Turbo Lister will be eventually integrated into Seller Hub, we don't have a time line on when.

If you are looking for a listing tool that can be a one-stop shop for multiple accounts across multiple sites you could consider a tool like File Exchange. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 27 of 105
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coindealz wrote:

The catalog team made yet another devastating change and severely damaged the coin catalog. Now 100s of coins are defaulting to the "error" coin category when using the catalog with no apparent option to change catagories. Many variety coins and designation coins are defaulting to the error category forcing us to miscatagorize them. Simply by being in the catalog a coin can not be an error. Errors are unique and could not be cataloged except for by type thus the need for the "everything" type error category.

An error coin is a one off mistake. Say for example a penny planchet (blank) accidentally made it into a batch of dime planchets. Then the dime was struck on the penny planchet. This is an example of an error. Another would be if a piece of scrap metal was laying on a planchet and was struck into the coin, this is another example of an error.

What is NOT an example of an error is anything with a catalog reference number. Every doubled die, repuched date/mintmark, over mintmarks, cameo proofs, prooflike strike, overdates, full steps nickels, full bands dimes, full bell line Franklins, chopmark Trade Dollars and probably more that I have not come across yet.

Some of those I can't find any reason why they would get listed as errors (chopmarks/die pairs/cameo/full bands etc).

The rest (doubled dies/repunched mint marks/overdates etc) are not considered to be errors since the "error" was on the die itself and they are considered to be die varieties not "one off" errors, and each type should be categorized in their respective category. No experienced numismatist would ever consider a die variety to be an error.

We can add this to the list of coin catalog problems along with PCGS coin numbers no longer brining up the catalog info after the first overhaul and was never fixed. Also as I reported multiple times to the catalog team, some browsers are showing the catalog "stock photo" in the listing despite their supposed removal if one or more pics are uploaded. After that report the catalog team still emails me every three months or so telling me they don't understand the problem and I have sent plenty of screenshots and explanations. Yet despite my hard work these problems are still unresolved.

Hopefully this error category issue does not remain a permanent fixture as the last problems did. I would very much like my items to be properly described, imaged, and categorized....The current state of the catalog prevents this.

Hi @coindealz - I can see what you mean here & thank you so much for sharing. I'll send this on to our catalog team but if you come across anything else like this, feel free to send it to sdsupport@eBay.com. That's the team in charge of the catalog and can make changes as needed. Thank you! 

Message 28 of 105
latest reply

@automotivepartsrecyclrs wrote:

When is Ebay going to do something about these buyers who leave neutral or negative feedback that is blindsiding a seller? We as sellers can't help unless we know of a issue. Finding out there was a issue from feedback given seems wrong.

I heartily agree with this. I have one negative feedback and everyone tells me not to get upset about it. But when that feedback is nothing but lies and my only option was to respond by debunking everyone of her lies, that is just not acceptible.

Message 29 of 105
latest reply

@bigmotormania wrote:

Is there any particular purpose behind the sudden change to the Unsolds page? It's kind of annoying having to go to my seller hub just to be able to do a simple relist.

Might seem miniscule to some people but to me it's an unecessary change and a waste of resources that went into this change that instead could have gone towards actually fixing bugs and glitches.

For now--who knows when it will change--you can get back to all the old page formats by clicking "opt out" on the top right of the Seller Hub screen. 
Then bookmark those pages, and return to Seller Hub via "ebay.com/sellerhub"

This is one of many clunkinesses of Seller Hub, but there is a workaround.,

Message 30 of 105
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: