cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Views Missing in "Manage Unsold Listings"

reschastor
Adventurer

When I go to the manage unsold listings page, I can no longer see the column with the number of views an item had over the listing period.   Anyone else having the same problem or know what happened to the views column?  Was it removed?

I even tried to add the views column back using the customize feature, but it is not listed as a column to pick.  This piece of information was very useful when relisting an item. 

Any clues?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER
11 REPLIES 11

We all know Ebay is run by 4 year olds with bags over their heads and heavy duty earplugs, (the better not to hear what sellers have to say).

NOW Ebay in all of its  infinite wisdom has decided to take away views on unsold items.

Now what would be the point of that????.

Don't give sellers  any information in regards to number of views an item listed for 30 days had.

That way we can make INFORMED decisions as to whether to delete or relist an item.

WAY TO GO EBAY!!!

What next?? I shouldn't even ask, nothing Ebay ever does helps sellers, they just make it worse.

Every new thing they do just leaves me shaking my head in disgust.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

>>Now what would be the point of that????

1. Pure malice
2. "We have focus group data that shows...."
3. Making room for more empty whitespace on the page
4. Unintended collateral damage from another change that won't be corrected
5. Some sort of convoluted thinking that indicates eBay will net 0.2% more in FVF as a result (higher prices/better sellthrough)
6. Planning to monetize that data through Terapeak subscriptions or similar

Pick one.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

It seems they have removed the views column but you will not get that answer from ebay as they just pretend they don't understand what you are talknig about and say they will submit your issue as "feedback". Last month they removed a buyers ability to see the number of watchers an item has when the buyer looked at one of your items because some buyers complained sob that seeing the number of watchers discouraged them from making ridiculous low ball offers (as it should have).

You can see the number of previous views now only if you pull up each individual listing on a separate page, but not in the bulk relisting page. I have 2000 listings and have always used the # of views to determine my relisting strategy. If an item had few views, I would lower the price. Now I will just relist everything without any adjustments. So if ebay thought removing the views column would somehow make sellers lower all the unsold listings prices, it has had the opposite effect on my strategy.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

>> You can see the number of previous views now only if you pull up each individual listing on a separate page <<

I don't see how to do that either. I used to have counters in my listings but it looks like ebay has removed those as well?

I am so sick of this **bleep**. No notice. No warning. Just suddenly the views column is gone. Do you know how to add a counter to listings now? I don't see the option for it any more.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Look at each individual sold or unsold listing page - the "Page Views" number is near the top middle under "Listing Info".

Unfortunately, that info goes away after 60 or 90 days when the sold /unsold items age off the pages, and there is no "at a a glance" way there to see the info all in one place when relisting, etc where a screenshot would archive the info for you

except......

This page still (for now) shows the views for unsolds: https://www.ebay.com/mys/unsold

or to make it more usable without having to set the view filters each time:
  https://www.ebay.com/mys/unsold/rf/container_filter=unsld:ALL&container_sort=unsld:TIME_ENDED_RECENT...

container_filter=unsld:ALL     can be changed to    container_Filter=unsld:NOT_YET_RELISTED if preferred, and
container_limit=unsld:100      can be changed from 100 to 25 or 200 items per page if preferred

Neither the My eBay nor Selling Manager Sold pages show the page views any longer.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

makerstreasuretrove
Adventurer

I have the same trouble. I'd like to see whether I should relist right away or put something in its place.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:
As of today, views still show here:
https://www.ebay.com/mys/unsold/rf/container_filter=unsld:ALL&container_sort=unsld:TIME_ENDED_RECENT...

Thank you for posting this link.  Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful...just what I need.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Let's hope that view doesn't go poof any time soon grin
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:
Let's hope that view doesn't go poof any time soon grin

I am hoping...the link is so much better than what I had been doing since the views disappeared on the unsold page.  Thank you again for sharing.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply