cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse over zoom feature not working?

Has this feature been disabled? It worked yesterday and now I notice it's gone from every listing I check. Not only mine but I have looked at others listings as well.

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

I'm don't think there was one. I never accepted a solution and was surprised to see there being displayed a solution. I posted this question a while ago and ended up getting busy and just checking this thread today.

Message 16 of 79
latest reply

Still isn't resolved for Chrome. But I have found the zoom when hovering feature works with IE. Not that it will do anything, but the "will you take a survey" dialogue box popped up while I was in the forum so I took it and left detailed feedback. Would really be in Ebay's best interest to fix this. Not everyone uses IE and I know that for me, if I cannot zoom in to see the condition, I don't buy. 

Message 17 of 79
latest reply

This also SOMETIME happen on my Internet TV !!!!
Later it sometime start back working & Power OFF/ON re-boot DOES NOT fix the problem.
Message 18 of 79
latest reply

@gatechick15 wrote:

Has this feature been disabled? It worked yesterday and now I notice it's gone from every listing I check. Not only mine but I have looked at others listings as well.

Zoom STILL is not working with Firefox months later.  Microsoft Edge, no problem.  Since Firefox is one of the highest used web browsers, this fix is necessary so my buyer's can fully see the quality of what they are purchasing.  We need a fix ebay.

Message 19 of 79
latest reply

it all has to do with the size of the photos you upload, too small, and the magnifier will not work..

Message 20 of 79
latest reply

How does one contact an Ebay technician?  New PC with Window 10 and using Firefox browser.  Mouseover zoom feature has disappeared.  The question is where and with whom the problem lies.  Thru research the conclusion adopted is, if Ebay utilizes Javascript, Firefox is no longer supporting Javascript.  I prefer Firefox and find the mouseover zoom feature detrimental in deciding the condition of an item before deciding to purchase.  Whether Ebay issue or Firefox, a coordinating solution needs to be resolved. 

Message 21 of 79
latest reply

I can't believe it is no longer working on any listings at all.  Everyone has the wrong size uploaded? Not one eBay listing I have checked works anymore on Firefox. It seemed to happen overnight. One night it worked, the next it did not. It works on Internet Explorer. But who uses that much now?

Message 22 of 79
latest reply

The problem is the version of Firefox you are using.  I had to roll back to a very old version of Firefox for the magnifying feature to work.  It's annoying because I keep getting prompts to upgrade my Firefox, but I can't, because I need to use the magnifyer.   It has never worked fo me on Chrome.

Message 23 of 79
latest reply

Same issue for me running Chrome  60.0.3112.90 , works fine on IE and is driving me nuts......

Message 24 of 79
latest reply

I'm not a computer expert, so unless firefox fixed something, I didn't "roll" back to an old version, (not that I would know how to anyway) but it is suddenly working again. Only I would never have noticed had I not accidently run my mouse over a picture. eBay is no longer letting you know that you can do that, like the used to write under the picture. But it has worked for me now for almost a 3 weeks.

Message 25 of 79
latest reply

It works fo rme on Frefox 43.04 and I have XP as I play a lot of older games. Soemtimes pics do not zoom or are too small, or save javascript and sometimes I have to click another photo for it to work, then go back to the first one and then it works.  Sometiems they zoom nothing a big white box. Very buggy.

Message 26 of 79
latest reply

I think this is because Ebay regards zoomable images as "Active Content", at least if they contain "mouseover" script in their code. Ebay now bans active content, and even suppresses listings that contain it.

I was revising an item listing that was flagged for Active Content. The "fix" simply removed "mouseover" commands from the HTML. Nothing else was done to the code.

We have a 2nd set of images in our user's-description section. The "fix" disabled image zoom. We still have the intial large image and the thumbnails, but it's static. The zoomable images that Ebay automatically generates at the top of listings, still work for us.

I have seen some other users with 2 sets of images, but the underlying code for their 2nd sets of images seems to be entirely different, without scripts.

Message 27 of 79
latest reply

I have an iMac and post all my listings on Safari. I have posted hundreds of listings the same way and yesterday after posting 2 new listings I noticed the zoom/mouse over feature does not work. I am working with eBay but so far they do not have an answer. They had me resize my pictures to some weird size and even that didn' work. I have a third listing that was posted a few weeks ago in the same manor, same settings and same picture size and that one works just fine. I have re-listed, used different pictures, used a different camera, created a new listing, changed my picture file size (larger, smaller, etc) and resized my pictures but nothing works. I have also tried listing on FireFox as well.  I don't understand active content nor do I write script or code as I imagine most of don't. I just want to upload pictures and have them work like they have been in the past. I would appreciate any help to get this resolved.  

Message 28 of 79
latest reply

Mine stopped working a couple of days ago. I tried everything, definetely a bug in eBay system. The ones I posted a while ago shows zoom in feature but not the ones I'm posting for last a couple of days.

I'm also using Chrome & Windows 10.

Message 29 of 79
latest reply

I fear this may be the new normal...whether it's the zoom feature coming and going, or another random, unpredictable bug.

I've listed several items today, using the same camera in the same location with the same settings.  Half zoom, the other half don't, with no rhyme nor reason.  I suspect another visit (whether tomorrow or next week) will prove some working, some not.

Fwiw, I use the same computer for all listings...same Chome settings...everything identical save for the words in the listing.  I hate to say it, but I've seen similar bugs come and go over the past 18 years with ebay.  The powers that be are continually trying to change things for the better, and we pay the price.

Message 30 of 79
latest reply