cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messed up views

azh-71
Thrill-Seeker

Why do some of my views, those that are on forced 48 items per page scheme, now look like this?  No remaining time, no shipping cost,  no number of bids? Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 12-37-45 Camera Lenses for Sale - eBay.png

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Messed up views

That generally means you are looking at a category page rather than search results. To get search results you must search using a keyword; if you do that you should see all the seller information and auction time remaining information set up in your search results Customize menu.

If you do not have a good search keyword you can use, for a broad search use a keyword taken from the category name.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Messed up views

@eburtonlab wrote:

That generally means you are looking at a category page rather than search results. To get search results you must search using a keyword; if you do that you should see all the seller information and auction time remaining information set up in your search results Customize menu.

Yes, that happens in a subcategory, but other subcategories that start from the same root look fine.  

But this actually gave me the idea - I started with the working search, went two levels up, then two levels down and everything looks fine now. I think what happened is eBay changed something and the syntax of my saved link (I only keep searches as browser link) caused this error.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Messed up views

Glad to hear you were able to find a way to get things working for you.

It is certainly possible that eBay changed the category structure or the search function and this affected the way your bookmarked link worked.

I also keep searches as bookmarked links. Every so often one stops working correctly. Once in a while a bunch stop working, such as when eBay did away with wildcard searches and changed the search syntax.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply