cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

Getting this error message, is anyone else getting it? Is eBay addressing it?

It looks like there's a problem with this listing. System temporarily unavailable, please try listing again.

Well, I have tried 3 times already. This is such a waste of precious time. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

A complete waste of your time. I hope it gets fixed soon!
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

This bug is killing me.   I had to package up 71 items, label the box, put the weight on them so a friend can just grab them and mail them as they sell.    ALL I AM DOING IS ADDING A CALL OUT CODE TO THE TITLE, LIKE   i   OR z     So far 6 wont work, its been 24 hours, still cannot simply edit  SOME of my auctions.    its rediculous.   I think im just going to end it, then relist it.

Anyone ever figure out how to fix this, my auctions have been up for sale for over a month, not ending soon, like 19 days left.   10% of them get this same message and i cannot edit.   Even when i click the same problem listings, i click revise, DO NOTHING TO THE LISTING, AND I GET THE RED **bleep**    No asterisks here either.  

Any help ebay?

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

OK  I FIGURED IT OUT FOR YOU GUYS!!!!

COPY AND SAVE ALL YOUR PHOTOS THAT ARE CURRENTLY ON THE LISTING.

Delete the photos, and add one picture....   REVISE the listing and it will go thru.

Next hit revise and add all the photos you just removed,  hold the ctrl button and keep clicking pictures to add more than one at a time, i do all 12 with one click to load.

REVISE AND YOUR FINALLY ABLE TO UPLOAD AND FIX THESE BAD LISTINGS.

My guess, corrupt photo host.

FIXED AND RESOLVED FOR ME,   HECK YEAH!!!!!!

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I was having the same issue. I added the ebay suggested item specifics recommended by adding all and the listing went through. If you have any recommended specifics try adding them. It worked for me.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Whaddaya know. Turbo's solution unfroze 2 listings I had been trying to edit for almost a week. eBay said it was an "intermittent" problem. Hogwash. The only thing intermittent is that it seemed to bite only certain listings.

I transferred the original pix from my phone to my computer when I set up these two listings, same as always. Later, I took extra pix of each item, and uploaded the new pictures straight from my phone, via the eBay app - not same as always. Uploading the new pictures worked fine, but a couple of weeks later when I wanted to edit both listings, I was locked out of making changes.

Turbo - had you done anything similar with pix for your affected listings? You seem to be on to something regarding corrupt photo files or host.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Thank you so much! Worked for me as well!!!!
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Thank you for the solution. The problem is related to ebay's picture hosting feature.
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Getting it consistently now... Very frustrating...along with the extreme slow down of sales. 

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Having same problem says problem is a phone #, email, or link.
There is none. Used sandlot that Ebay emailed me. Ran it & found nothing.
Need to list items1
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Here is the solution. :

1. You click on "Revise your item."  Your listing opens up into is edit page.  At this point, make your edits.

2. Go your "Item description".  Click inside your item description, then hold down your 'ctrl' button.  While holding down your ctrl button, tap the letter "A" on your keyboard.  All of your description will highlight. 

3. Let go of your ctrl button. Hold down the ctrl button again and while holding it, tap the letter "x".  This takes removes your copy and keeps it safe. 

4. Now, look at the border around your Item description.  You will see two tabs', one says "Standard", the other says "HTML".  Click on the HTML. 

5. Now click in the body of what you see, hold down the ctrl button and tap the letter A.  All will be highlighted.  Now tap the "delete" button on your keyboard, deleting all that is HTML. 

6. Now click on the Standard tab next to the HTML tab.  Click in the empty body of your Item description, then hold down the ctrl key and tap the "V".  Your copy will now be re-displayed.

7.  Click on the "Update listing" button your listing has now been successfully updated.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply