cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoiced wrong amount for store subscription

$29.0checked my invoice and noticed that I was charged more than my normal subscription fee that is normally $59.95. In addition to this months fee I was charged 29.01 for a half month for the 1st half of April. I went back and reviewed the invoice from March and saw that I had been billed and paid the correct amount. From reading this it looks like I have been charged 29.01 for half of the last month after I paid the full amount. The two screen shots is of this and last months invoice I highlighted the incorrect fee in red.

I suggest other sellers check their invoice to make sure this has not happened to them and perhaps tag a blue as they tend to pick and chose who they will respond to when tagged.

Perfect timing for a issue like this as there is no phone support for sellers!!! I have already emailed eBay but from what I have heard it is doubt full they will respond anytime soon at least before the auto payment goes through. 

APR Invoice.jpgMAR Invoice.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

When I emailed eBay for support I clicked the option to send a copy to my personal email. While I have multiple emails from eBay almost 24 hours later the copy email of my request for support is not in my personal mail box. So did the request go through or did it get lost?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

glanced at my invoice for the same month last year and it looks like I got charged the 29.01 as well but on that invoice it was billed and then credited. It looks like this month the charge came through again but was never credited back. This is the month my yearly subscription renews. On last years invoice  the 29.01 was billed to me as

Yearly Store (Premium): Subscription Fee
(Apr 1 - Apr 15)

Then crdited back as

eBay Stores Featured Subscription Fee Cancellation Credit
Automatic BIP RC credit

This is odd as my subscription was not cancelled so the cancelation fee should not apply. Also as this is the renewal month the cancelation fee should be down to 0 dollars.

eBay Stores Featured Subscription Fee Cancellation Credit
Automatic BIP RC credit

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Can you get someone in the sales department to look into this and get back to me preferably before the end of this month as it looks like I should have received automatic credit for the 29.01.  I believe this has something to do with when I upgraded my store subscription in the middle of the month of march several years ago. Initially if I remember correctly as it has been several years ago, I was credited for the remaining half of the month at the higher monthly subscription and prorated for the rest of the month at the yearly subscription.  I think this has something to do with my renewal date not being exactly on the 15th of the month. Last month I was charged the full price and this month I will be paying the full price for the next 30 days plus I will be billed 29.01 for the 2nd half of the last month that I already paid in full on last months invoice.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I finally got the official invoice ready to view message from eBay fallowed by a reply from the email support rep. Now the invoice is showing the proper credit for the 29.01 and Promoted Listings Q1 Credit February. So I do not know if the rep fixed the issue or perhaps even though I could see the invoice through the account/seller account page as the formal message to view the invoice was not sent perhaps the invoice was not complete and not finalized yet.

The email support rep's reply was to tell me as a new store subscriber I should read the help article on seller fee's. This was hitting the mark way off as I have had a store for 4 or 5 years and am quite familiar with how the fee's work. Each month when you pay your invoice you are paying the store subscription for the next 30 days and the final value fee's from the last 30 days. So the issue was being billed for a partial month 30 days after I paid for the full month on the last invoice, basically the issue was I was being double billed for 15 days on my store subscription. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply