cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Over the last 2 days when trying to click on items after being on eBay for a few minutes I get:

This page isn’t working

www.ebay.com.au redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

So I clear Chrome's cookies and restart Chrome for things to work properly. But after a while the same thing happens. Totally sick of it. eBay - FIX YOUR BUGGY WEBSITE!!! Your site is getting so complex it's actually beyond a point where basic function takes second place to over-worked and unreliable faulty coding.
Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Yeah, resetting chrome to default every time ebay does an update on their code... I don't think so, just like I'm not going to reset my car's ecm everytime shell makes a change on their gasoline.
Line said in the first post, overbloating funcionality which reduces basic operation to unuseable, just like windows 8-10 being full of "user protection" **bleep** instead of going on with the steady win 7.
That said, I have the same problem and switched to my old FireFox which just works.

I'm inclined to say this happened right when ebay introduced their changed voting page, but maybe that's just me.

Message 16 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I'm getting the same problem but only affects ebay.ie in chrome as far as I know. ebay.com works alright and it's all fine in firefox. 

Message 17 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Also in aus withthe same issue, works fine on my ipad though

Message 18 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Clear your cache.....   you will only have to clear it of data for the last week or however long it has been a problem.  

🙂

Message 19 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

It's been a few weeks since this error started to appear. Yes, resetting chrome fixes it for a short period of time, but who the hell wants to restore all there settings/extensions every couple of days?! Deleting cache/cookies does not work (as we all know).

eBay developers clearly don't give a dam-n (Can't beleive this was sensored b4 I put the hyphen in!), or are manifestly incompetent. In many ways it's great, it's saving my heaps of money. I wouldn't be so joyful if I were a shareholder though.

Message 20 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

What have people done to try and fix this problem or is it just something ebay has to fix 

Message 21 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I searched for some kind of solution and found this:
http://techwelkin.com/how-to-solve-this-webpage-has-a-redirect-loop-problem
It shows how to clear the cookies (as suggested x times before) but I also cleared the cached images and files, and all of this for the last 4 weeks just to be sure.
As it happens I have a BlackHawk browers (chrome based) which had the same problem on another pc, so I  took a shot at trying this and it worked. Now I also applied this solution on my mayor pc with original chrome with 283 tabs ! (this is why I refused earlier to do it, but luckily I don't have too many changes during the last four weeks) and guess what, it also works. I had cleared cookies earlier which didn't do the job, but it seems the cache also comes into play.
Anyway I hope this will help some folks.

Message 22 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Btw I'm pretty sure this problems come from what I stated earlier, the changes ebay made on several pages, which resulted in conflicts with already cached previous versions of the same pages, hence the redirect loops. Just a matter of bad coding and page/link management. Ebay should take a good look at amazon before continuing like this, they are actually much better at coding and waaay better at user/customer/client assistance.
Message 23 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Thanks but same issue here.....

The only solution for me : don't use chrome.

But its no solution in fact....

Message 24 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

ware_haus
Adventurer

I've tried everthing listed here ..... nothing works otherthan resetting Chrome back to defaults. 

I note this problem only exisits on the .au ebay page, the US and UK domains work without issue.

eBay AU seem to be in no rush at all to fix this. Hopeless. 

Amazon . com . au can't get here soon enough IMHO.

Message 25 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Same problem here, going on for over a week. clearly something Ebay has done but then they are very good of stuffing up their web pages. Had a gut full.

Now would you not think if you can't fix it, roll it back to a previous configuration that works? 

Hello , anyone home at Ebay, come in ground control.

Message 26 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Sick of clearing it.  Doesn't work!

Message 27 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Thank you, After getting sick of seeing this message, I tried your fix and it worked. Much appreciated.

Message 28 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

For me clearing cookies wasn't enough, also had to clear last 4 weeks of cached image and files

Message 29 of 67
latest reply

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Same thing is happening to ebay.ca

All my listings in my watched list are giving me that error. I clear cache and cookies then it gives me another error advising the listing does not exist. This is on every, single one of them. Even listings i do not have in my watch list are now giving me the error.

Message 30 of 67
latest reply