cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upload photos. Anyone else?

I've been trying off and on for the last few hours to create a custom listing on ebay, but I can't upload my photos.  The photoloader just spins and spins and spins without end.  I have tried Firefox and Safari -- with the same result.

Anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I spoke to someone at ebay customer service, and he found a solution.

• He had me use Safari, plus
  • he had me clear the History/Cache, then
  • he had me quit and restart Safari, plus
  • he had me upload photos one at a time.

Then, it worked.

He basically said that I could practically forget about it working with Firefox.  And he said that ebay has been having a lot of technical problems with Safari and that bulk uploader of photos won't work with Safari.  Hence, I had to try one at a time.

Finally, he said that bulk uploader and the Quick Listing interface work best with Google Chrome. 

I hope these tips help.  Best of luck everyone.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

I'm having the same issue!!! Something so simple has turned out to the the hardest, time consuming, aggravating experience ever in my life!

What i'm doing is uploading the same pic multiple times until it finishes loading. Sucks but it's the only way. I have 12 pics to upload so this process is very tedious Smiley Mad BTW, this is a revision because only like 5 photos uploaded with my regular listing.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

I've spent over 45 minutes on one listing. I'M NOT EVEN JOKING!! Still trying to upload my images. I have four more to go from my last response. I'm trying this site https://www.ebid.net after this listing goes through.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

LOOK AT THE TIME! Well over 2 hours on one listing!
Screenshot (57).png

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

My pictures won't show when I'm creating my listing. Has happened before but I thought it was resolved. If I rotate them, I can see them but hey disappear again when I rotate them back to right side up. I wonder what potential buyers are seeing... or, not seeing?

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

I spoke to someone at ebay customer service, and he found a solution.

• He had me use Safari, plus
  • he had me clear the History/Cache, then
  • he had me quit and restart Safari, plus
  • he had me upload photos one at a time.

Then, it worked.

He basically said that I could practically forget about it working with Firefox.  And he said that ebay has been having a lot of technical problems with Safari and that bulk uploader of photos won't work with Safari.  Hence, I had to try one at a time.

Finally, he said that bulk uploader and the Quick Listing interface work best with Google Chrome. 

I hope these tips help.  Best of luck everyone.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Mee too, I just posted a similar message. The uploader indicates 100%  indicator but o photo shows and the spiining icon continues to spin for as long you can tolerate to wait ( I let it go for 30 min!) with no errror mesage .   Firefox 48.0.2 Mac OS 10.6.8  photo image jpeg was within specs.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Switching to Safari worked for me also. But what a PAIN! Also in the archives of this photo problem people were saying that Firefox worked best and to avoid Safari... Now it is the reverse??? Please, eBay get you act together!!!!
Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Thank you SO much!  One at a time WORKS! 

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

I just tried to upload my listing's photos through Edge and after about a minute with multiple photos at once they've been uploaded completely!  It seems Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Eplorer are not really ebay compatible now.  Looks like I'll be using Edge when uploading photos of stuff I'm trying to sell.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Same problem for the past two months. Cannot upload photos. All I can do is relist. Does eBay have a fix or are we just screwed?

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

I"m having the same problem with my Mac. Is eBay going to fix this????
Message 12 of 29
latest reply

I've tried clearing the cache when I spoke to them, but I have Google Chrome and Firefox and not Safari. Nothing works. Ebay, please bring back the classic Uploader? That worked for me. There is a saying"if it's not broke don't fix it". I can't make money if I don't list, selling 5-6 items a month is not going to work for me. Thanks very much everyone.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

You had this trouble back in March???  I'm having it now!  Using Chrome.  Suddenly photos won't upload and the little wheels keep spinning forever - never had a problem before.  If Ebay doesn't fix this soon I'm gone....and I've been selling here for years. 

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

yes I am having same problem and can't see pictures on many listings
Message 15 of 29
latest reply