cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Buy It Now' SOLD items cannot be viewed by potential buyers

When a buyer checks my sold listings, only my auction sales show up. None of my 'buy it now' sold items show up. Also when I do a search on eBay for my 'Buy It Now' sold items, they don't show up there either. I put in the exact title but none of my 'buy it now' sold listings will show up. I have approxiamately 50 sales via 'buy it now' during the last 90 days, but none of them show up in the search. I make sure I'm on the 'Sold Listings' page and I click on the 'All listings' in the search and have tried the 'Buy It Now' icon too, but they just won't show my sold 'Buy It Now' listings. Only my auction sales show up.

I see 'Buy It Now' sold items just fine in my sold listings in my personal account, so there isn't a problem there. Just in the public search they are missing.

Any ideas on what is going on here? This has been like this for at least 2 months that I am aware of. Thanks in advance for any helpful ideas

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It looks like you have activated the 'Out of stock" option, which keeps listings active when they sell out. This is convenient when you have new stock, but when a seller ends a listing it is not shown in Completed or Sold listings.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It looks like you have activated the 'Out of stock" option, which keeps listings active when they sell out. This is convenient when you have new stock, but when a seller ends a listing it is not shown in Completed or Sold listings.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

This may not be your answer, but, since the BIN option disappears once there is at least one bid in most categories, and your sold items appear to have had multiple bids, perhaps that fact contributes to the lack of the BIN option on those items.  In other words, they did not sell for the BIN price, so are not shown that way.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@kindnessworkswonders wrote:

When a buyer checks my sold listings, only my auction sales show up. None of my 'buy it now' sold items show up.

My sold items quit showing awhile back.

There for awhile, the only ones that were showing up, were ones that I sold multiples of and none of my single items show up under the sold section.

I just checked and it isn't showing any solds now.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so much! I'm sure you are right about that, but I can't figure out how to disable it. Can you tell me how? Thank you again!!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so much! I'm sure you are right!! How do I disable it? I can't figure that out either lol!!
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Found it! Thanks again!!
Here’s how to apply the out-of-stock option to your Good ‘Til Cancelled listings:

Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences

Under “Selling Preferences,” click “Show” next to Sell Your Item form and listings

Click “Edit” next to “Use the out-of-stock option”

Select the checkbox, then click “Apply”

Thank you again 'nobody*s_perfect'!!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

It's in My eBay > Account tab > Site Preferences under Selling Preferences.

OOD Out of stock ption in Site preferences.png

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so much for posting this information. This was also happening to me and even after a LONG discussion with several eBay techs, they could not suggest what to do about it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! magicsue1 (Susan)
Message 9 of 9
latest reply