Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask Seller a Question Link is Gone ... Just Started Today

What's up with that ?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Here also... started last night... I won't bid or buy some items without asking questions first..

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

On a PC I just asked the seller a question on an item
Look to the right of the item
Seller information  & look for contact seller

contact seller.JPG

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

I am using a desktop PC too.

OK, now I see it  ... Thank You.

The only problem now is ..... in order for the Seller Information Box to be shown on the page, I have to adjust my view settings to 75% Zoom Out.

At my normal 100% view settings, the Seller Information Box does NOT show on any pages.

I hope that everybody else does not have this problem.

Once again, Ebay "improves" something that was working perfectly fine the way that it was .... and now, the "improvement"  has created issues.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

I'm really very pleased to see that they've moved the contact link to the information box.  So much easier to find that when it was a tiny little mention at the very bottom of the description pane.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

@zzydny wrote:

I'm really very pleased to see that they've moved the contact link to the information box.  So much easier to find that when it was a tiny little mention at the very bottom of the description pane.

I just changed my browser from Explorer to Firefox.

I am using a desktop PC.

With Explorer, I had to ZOOM OUT to 75% for the Seller Information Box to appear.

With Firefox, no matter how much I ZOOM OUT, the Seller Information Box is NOT there ..... and the Ask Seller a Question is not at the bottom of the page either.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

I am on a lenovo ThinkPad laptop on 125 zoom (getting old Smiley Surprised )
Windows 10 with Edge & see it fine 

Wonder why you have to go to 75 from the 100 to see it 
that is strange.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

I am on a lenovo ThinkPad laptop on 125 zoom (getting old Smiley Surprised )
Windows 10 with Edge & see it fine 

Wonder why you have to go to 75 from the 100 to see it 
that is strange.

I am using a desktop PC with Windows 10 and Edge too ... ( I thought that the "E" stood for Explorer, but I now think that it stands for Edge.

And using Edge, I have to reduce the view to 75% to see the Seller Information Box.

And why can't I see the Seller Information Box at all when I switch to Firefox as the browser ?

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

I'm using Firefox. No seller info box w/ this browser, unfortunately.

Contacted eBay yesterday -- rep said tech dept is aware of "ask a question" glitch & working to fix it. No time est.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

I'm using Firefox and I see the Seller Information box just fine. What is the size of the monitor you are viewing on if you are using a desktop? I'm using a 23" monitor and have it set to 120% for Ebay because of all the tiny light font Ebay loves to use.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

I'm using Firefox and I see the Seller Information box just fine. What is the size of the monitor you are viewing on if you are using a desktop? I'm using a 23" monitor and have it set to 120% for Ebay because of all the tiny light font Ebay loves to use.

You see this is odd Windows Edge is working for me & Firefox is working for you but yet other posters here are having issues with th same browsers .

I  am not sure what's going on 
Wish I could be of more help but I'm out of answers Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

For those who are using FireFox, it appears that you may have to force FF to reload the page to see the change after you zoom out. Otherwise it continues to show a cached page that doesn't show the change.

To force FireFox to reload the page, hold the Shift key down while you click the Refresh icon (the clockwise circular arrow at the right end of the URL address box at the top of the window).

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

The contact seller link is not showing when I use Internet Explorer (which I prefer) but it does show when I use Firefox (which I do not like). Very annoying to have to switch browers back and forth.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Man this is going to hurt sales. Why are there no answers to why this isn't showing. Please eBay.... fix this.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

An option (until problem resolved ) is to add the item to watch list or any list. Go to that list and to right there is a drop down  menu that allows  you to contact seller.

Mos times the link comes right up, other times it asks for item number .

Message 15 of 27
latest reply