cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raymor Label "1020 TEN"

I have a lovely bowl (large ash tray?) with a Raymor label attached. It doesn't appear to be signed or numbered...just a label that reads "1020" and "TEN".

Any insight is appreciated, thank you in advance !

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Raymor Label "1020 TEN"

You might enjoy this article about the importer Raymor: https://markhillpublishing.com/who-what-was-raymor/
Janet
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Raymor Label "1020 TEN"

Thanks ! The article mentions the various artists inventory codes used on theor  tag but doesn't say anything about "TEN" or "1020".

I'm stumped ! 😕

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Raymor Label "1020 TEN"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the system Raymor used on the labels was to put the first three letters of the designers last name. Most of the pottery was imported from Italian workshops. I have a Raymor vase with a similar label and it says "BAG" for Alvino Bagni, so maybe use that as a guideline and look for Italian potters/designers with the name Ten............. The number is probably a model name to indicate the style and color. Just some thoughts , not an expert on the subject.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Raymor Label "1020 TEN"

Thank you ! I see that they often used the first 3 letters of the manufacturer's  name on their tags, but those tags don't have numbers on them. This tag has both the number '1020' -and- letters 'TEN'. 

Am now wondering if the word TEN  refers to the first 2 numbers in 1020...?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Raymor Label "1020 TEN"

Anonymous
Not applicable

The label on my Raymor piece also has a four digit number then "BAG". I think the numbers and letters refer to different things.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Raymor Label "1020 TEN"

I saw one Raymor label that had TEN, on an item made by the W. German pottery Carstens. I don't think that is helpful, however.
Janet
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Raymor Label "1020 TEN"

It could be Janet, thanks!  Going to look into it now....

Message 8 of 8
latest reply