cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Weller or something else?

1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think it's Roseville Rozane Egypto without the wafer mark. The shape is shown on the original catalog page in Bomm's book and identified as No. R-12. Usually matte green pieces without the wafer should not be identified as Egypto but this piece is documented from the original catalog. BTW, some Egypto pieces have heavier glazes as OP's does.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I took the liberty of turning it right side up for better viewing. iPhone photos viewed on Windows-based devices always show up turned sideways.

Unknown vase.jpg

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Nice old vase, but not immediately sure on maker. Could be Weller, but if so, I don't immediately recognize the line. Good piece, or at least, it used to be valuable. There are many, many possibilities, and identification could take some time, at least for me. Best bet is having someone recognize the bottom here. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I think it's Roseville Rozane Egypto without the wafer mark. The shape is shown on the original catalog page in Bomm's book and identified as No. R-12. Usually matte green pieces without the wafer should not be identified as Egypto but this piece is documented from the original catalog. BTW, some Egypto pieces have heavier glazes as OP's does.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It might be a GRUEBY vase.  Google  Grueby pottery to see lots of photos and the Antiques Roadshow has a couple of video appraisals.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

not greuby

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

No, already ID'd as Roseville.
Janet
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thank you all for such great input; I am always amazed at the knowledge here in the Community. Thank you for taking the time to research and assist. Very much appreciated!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Well done, both of you. It was the thick glaze and the lack of a mark that suggested something else, but you nailed it Janet. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply