cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glassies - Help with Amber Toothpick Holder

I'm mostly a pottie, but some glass is of interest to me. I picked up this piece yesterday because I love the color and pattern.

Does anyone recognize the pattern or maker on this toothpick holder (I'm assuming that's what it is)?  2.75" H, 2" W at the top. Those circles around it are concave.

Thanks in advance for any clues.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It looks like Co-Operative Flint Columbia c. 1900. I’m not sure if amber was one of their original p

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Apologies for the large photos, I should have reduced the size. If they take too long to load, let me know and I'll revise.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

smaller photo

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

It looks like Co-Operative Flint Columbia c. 1900. I’m not sure if amber was one of their original p
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Colors. (Hit post too soon)
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Hey, thanks ... I'll do a little research with that info. I'd be surprised to learn it was that old!
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Thank you so much, you nailed it!

Lots of examples online in that color, a few on that other "E" site, too. From the little I just read, that company wasn't around for very long, so my little find really could be that old. Will dig a little deeper to find out when they closed.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Early American Pattern Glass group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/146031692077139/

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I get an error message from your link: "Invalid Parameters Specified".  I'm not on FB, but thanks anyway, I appreciate it.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I am on FB and I got the same error message.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Maybe FB links aren't allowed ...
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

From what I'm reading online, this is indeed an older piece. I found this bit of info: "Design patented November 24, 1899. Introduced in trade journals in early 1900. Made in extended table service".

The company closed in the early 1930s - so it could have been made anytime between those years.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

The EAPGS photo files are being relocated to a different platform as FB kept messing with them. These files are maintained by volunteers from the Early American Pattern Glass Society. Joining the society will help to keep the files available to all.
george
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Enter this in the FB search feature:

Early American Pattern Glass Society

It will take you to the group.  Join the group and you will have access to a wealth of collected knowledge from people who are experts in EAPG.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply