cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glass - American Brilliant Cut Glass?

Hello - I can never pass pretty glass like this up even though I don't know much about it. This has a lovely pattern to it and what a shine when the light hits it. It measures 8 by 2 1/4 inches deep. While I know it is cut glass, is it American Brilliant Cut Glass? If so, would anyone have an idea as to maker or pattern? I tried looking under a bright light at the 'rainbow' areas with no luck. 

Thanks much in advance - Joanne

006.JPG007.JPGBottomBottom002.JPG003.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I've only been researching ABP glass for a couple of years , but I think it does look like American Brilliant Period. It is a gorgeous pattern, really stunning. It can be difficult to ID patterns and makers, (it is worth the extra time and effort, in my opinion). I would take a magnifying glass and carefully examine places where a makers mark might be found. They can be VERY hard to spot, I found one recently that was incredibly faint, only visible at certain angles in direct light. Use a strong light source. I have a couple of books I can check for your pattern. I will let you know! 🙂

Kerrie

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Also, with bowls and plates that are cut on the reverse, the mark can be on the interior
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for your response. I will check further but there are soo many places it could be.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I didn't find your pattern in my books. There is a group on facebook, American Brilliant Period Cut Glass Collectors, someone  there might be able to help.

Good luck,

Kerrie

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Bumping back to page 1 in hopes that someone will know..

Message 6 of 6
latest reply