Postcard Collectors Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Vintage vs Old vs Antique

Hi there. Gearing up to start listing more postcards after a while of odds and ends. I know I have seen this discussion before, but what are the appropriate time frames for these descriptive terms... Somewhere I came across this guideline 1930 and ol...

Is this o.k.?

Dear group members, Some people had noticed that in my guide ''Postcards a guide for everyone'' there was a mistake; all art postcards were indescriminantly placed in the same category, that of the cheap reproduction type. This, as I now know, is not...

Groundhog Day Cards?

I haven't come across any Groundhog Day postcards (except for relatively recent cards from Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania). The holiday has been around since 1886, so I'm surprised I haven't seen any postcards for it from the 1900-1930 era. Anybody here ...

Wanted: YMCA -Lexington KY & Dover OH

I'm trying to locate postcards showing the YMCA buildings for both of the towns listed. There is nothing on eBay now or on Playle's site. Any suggestions on where else to look or better yet does any one have one of these cards they could put up on a ...

Image collecting vs. Postcard collecting

I'm a local history buff that recently got into postcard collecting, but it's really the historic images that interest me and not the cards themselves. I was just curious to hear the answers to a few questions from the members here..... Do you keep s...

eversohumble postcards

We are packrats here when it comes to scans. Groundhog card was in very bad condition but sold it last year. I have no other info on it other than it listed in the George and Dorothy Miller book for between $35-$50 in excellent condition.

28 Guides in 28 Days Contest

Were you all aware that eBay is running a contest, 28 Guides in 28 Days? eBay is selecting one Guide a day to receive a $100 eBay Gift Certificate! http://popular.ebay.com/odcs/custom.htm?template=GuideContest How about sharing your own personal area...

postcards or photos?

I recently purchased several postcards from the estate of a gentleman who served in the Civil Defense during WW2. Among these were a group of 26 photos that chronologically depict the construction of the Panama Canal. They are 5 1/2" x 4", made of he...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

cool postcard web site

Here is an interesting website. It's free (donations are accepted). It is a world wide postcard exchange. You send a postcard to someone and receive one. I just thought I'd let people know about it. About 17,000 people are signed up. www.postcrossing...

eBay Express

Has anyone posted their stuff to eBay Express? If so, can you tell if you've had any sales from EE so far? Just curious, my postcards are there, but I don't have a clue if any of my sales have come from there or not. But I figured it's worth a shot t...