cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are SOME places for decent plus size clothing...

But not too many.  I will put together a list of some of the places I look for plus size clothes.  I am not that picky. Wait, yes I am...

I got so mad trying to find decent stuff that didn't have highjacked prices just because the items were plus size.  I decided to

start a lable and sew and sell some things myself.

What will NOT be included in the line:

Animal prints

Sequins

Super shinny metallic threads

Badly dye colors

Plastic elements

Neon color

"Cute" anything (as in cutesy)

Cheap fabric

I am tired of manufacturers treating plus sized women as if we have no interest in design or fashion.  I am tired of offerings that pretty much say "we know you don't care how you look, so here...this is what we have for you...".  I am tired of manufacturers charging up to $10.00 more for an item from the regular size.  Really, that little bit of extra material(s) that they get in mass quantities for insane prices in the first place actually costs them that much more to produce a plus size versiojn?  What, extra labor?  Don't think so.  Not on mass manufactured items.

Of course, that is IF they even offer an item that is made in a regular size, in a plus size.

Most of the time, they just pass over plus sizes.

Anyone ever tried to track down a pair of extra flare/bellbottom jeans in plus size?  It isn't like hunting down an endangered species.  This species of jeans barely exists in the first place.  There are TONS for all regular sizes.  When you get to the plus size, there are very few true extra flare jeans out there.  Plus size mostly gets a hint of a flare.  I have found only ONE, just one, true super bell bottom jean for plus size.  That's just an example but a good one. 

While I am at it...(grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)...is the clothing offered from China, Asia...  there is a LOT of really cute stuff out there at insane prices.  But the Asian sizes end at about a size US large.  They list lots and lots of things as "plus size".  But the plus size they are referring to is their own idea of plus size.  The common Asian 6X is the equivilent of a US X Large.  I write to them over and over again asking why they don't offer thier clothing in real US plus sizes.  They have no interest.  I don't know why not.  Since most of the country here is plus size, I don't understand how they or any IS company can resist the increase in revenue if they offered more plus size/decent plus size. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I love your list of what you will not include!

Could I add 'see-through' to that list?  Of course, there are at least two kinds of see-through:  deliberately transparent, and cheap-material thin.  The first is a fashion thing, where every now and then, styles deliberately incorporate at least parts of a garment in a transparent material.  There's a particularly ugly trend right now of longer skirts, with mini linings.  They look dorky on even regular sized models.  I've also noticed, more and more, that manufacturers are using thnner versions of opaque fabrics, which just end up looking cheap.  And you will probably need to provide a camisole or slip to wear it, which means you'll be buying two garments instead of just one.  I would rather pay a bit more for a thicker fabric and the simplicity of having to wear only one thing.  Usually cooler too, instead of an added  polyester camisole layer.

Another way manufacturers cheap out is by making tons of sleeveless garments.  Even when I was a skinny little thing, I did not like sleeveless stuff.  Others may want some sleeveless items, especially if you have toned arms to show off, but I'm betting the majority of plus-sized women don't.  At the moment it seems as though the revival in dresses is mostly limited to sleeveless versions.  And please put darts in the bodices so that, even if they're sleeveless, the armholes don't gape.

There are also times when 'fashion' includes many of the things on your list, and you might actually want a sequined sweater in an animal print with metallic threads in a neon colour--so far I've managed to resist--but you probably don't want a whole wardrobe with these features--I hope!  The drag-queen look is hard to carry off in a professional setting, lol!  I spend lots of time removing 'embellishments' from otherwise acceptable clothing.

Okay, time to go feed the cats!

Lea
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I have a lot of images and sites and stuff that I want to send to you.  But Ebay won't let anyone send any website or email address information to wach other.  this is frustrating since the information has nothing to do with Ebay or infringing with Ebay in any way!

I can try to be cryptic and see if that works.  Once upon a time there was a girl named Alice.  Alice, in Wonderland.  Currently, there is a chick named Victoria.  Victoria in Victorialand.  If Alice had an address, it might be AliceWonderland with some email service following that.  Victoria might use her name with her Victorialand right after her name and then followed by her mail provider.

Alice sure got a kick out of that Hatter, huh?  Yahoo she cried when she met him.  Victoria never cries our yahoo but she does use it.....

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Oh, Alice uses the big book of Face.  So does Victoria.  One time I put in Victoria Victorialand.  Location paradise CA.  And I found her in the bog book of faces.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply