Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i list high rated Item from starting

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

high rated Item

Hi!

Do you mean high dollar item? If so I would wait a while before you do that.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

high rated Item

How do you plan to get paid?
Do you have a Payoneer account attached to your eBay account? Do you have a Sri Lankan business license?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

high rated Item

New sellers should play it conservative & list low valued items at the beginning just to het your feet wet as an ebay seller. Plus, there are many malicious buyers out there that take advantage of newer sellers. Hence, start at lower valued items at first. Plus, you also want to build trust within the platform. Don't cause ebay to put red flags on you at the onset for trying to sell high valued items right off the bat. 

Good luck!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

high rated Item

@Anonymous 

It's very risky to list a high dollar item from the start, especially if you're new.  It is important to set up your account properly before attempting to sell anything on Ebay. 

Remember, never sell anything that you can't afford to lose.  Too many new sellers make that mistake and that mistake can cost you dearly. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

high rated Item

Yes, you can list something with the very highest of ratings.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

high rated Item

Since you are a brand-new seller, I recommend you do not sell an expensive item until you have sold several inexpensive items.  It is inevitable that you will make a mistake and it could be an expensive mistake.  Also new sellers have to be careful because scammer target new sellers.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

high rated Item

Bad idea.  As a new seller with no feedback all you will do is attract scammers.  Start small until you build a feedback record.

If you must list an expensive item, list it as fixed price buy it now set to require payment right away. That will help a little.   Still never sell an item you can't afford to lose in a scam.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

high rated Item

When eBay says you're all set to sell you will be told what your selling limits are. In Sri Lanka it's normally 1, 3, or 10 items to start, and they'll tell your maximum cost.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply