cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The account is restricted, but the reason can't be found.

The current list of my account can be sold normally, but when I publish a new list. It shows that I have been restricted.

(In order to keep eBay a safe and trustworthy environment, we regularly review marketplace activity. As part of our review, we've temporarily placed a selling hold on your account. This hold will prevent you from listing new items.

To remove the hold on your account, please contact a member of our customer service agents who will happy to assist.

We appreciate your cooperation in confirming your information as soon as possible and welcome you as a valued member.)

But before that, I didn’t receive any notice or email about the restriction. When I couldn‘t update the sales list, I sent an email request to the eBay customer service team. I haven’t received a reply for more than 50 hours. I sent several requests again, and I finally got a response. I didn‘t see that my account was restricted. ???

It‘s been 5 days. My account is still restricted.

Since I‘m Asian, my English is not good. If you can’t contact the agent customer service by phone normally.

But when I sent an email to the agent customer service for help. It is always very good to get a response.

Merchants in the United States also pay the highest merchant subscription fee, but other merchants can contact customer service directly on their accounts. But I have to send an email.

Is it because I’m Asian?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Your account is new, so you may be seeing 'normal' new seller limitations - both on the total dollar value you can have listed&sold during a month, as well as a qty limit.  These are put in place to assist new sellers (new to sales, new to online sales, new to eBay, etc) in learning the ropes without becoming overextended.  Generally, it's pretty easy to get those limits increased, but you need complete a level of transactions before the updates can begin.  And the first update is almost always via phone.  They can also do a better job of explaining these limits than I can.

So the first one is rough, but you need to make the call.  When to call and what number to use will vary based on the country/region you live in, I suspect.  The good news is that after that first increase, future increases (limited to once a month) are almost always fully automated.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

What is your current monthly limit? Have you exceeded it?

Generally new sellers can list 10 items with a total value of $500 per month.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you, dear friend. It has been solved so far. Thank you very much for the help of the eBay team to restore my account to normal.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you, dear friend. So far, it has been solved. Thank you very much for the help of the eBay team to restore my account to normal.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply