cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somebody is trying to scam me.The buyer of my painting told me he paid already n even gotten emails

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Somebody is trying to scam me.The buyer of my painting told me he paid already n even gotten emails

Does it show they paid in your seller hub? If no then ignore the scammer and cancel sale after 4 days for non payment. If you ignore them and not take anything off the platform then there is absolutely nothing they can do to you so why entertain them??

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Check your seller account to verify buyer's payment  is there 

Politely notify buyer, stating . that either way  you have checked your account and reply to s/he was you find

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You are about to be scammed.  Has it been 4 days since the auction ended? If yes, you need to cancel with the buyer has NOT paid.  BLock the buyer.

Immediately add the following text to ALL of your listings. Continue to do this until you have alot of feedback and have learned how to not be scammed.  CUT and PASTE into your ads.

ALL items must be paid through the Ebay PAY NOW button.  All payments will be VERIFIED in MY Ebay.

ALL items will be shipped to the address in the Ebay payment.  Ask ALL questions before the ad ends.  ALL communication MUST be through the ebay system ONLY.

This will prevent that scam.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

When I look at your ended paintings listing, I see that it received a $5 bid, but that the Reserve price wasn't met. Did you have a Reserve price set, @kawh-6962?

Edit to add: I sort of hope they haven't sold... you'll be out of pocket a lot of money for shipping, no?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@kawh-6962 

If the payment doesn't show on your seller hub and should read "Ship it",  that person is indeed trying to scam you.  Never do business off of the Ebay platform.  Lots of scammers out there looking for new, naïve sellers to believe what they're telling them, when in turn it's a big fat lie. 

Don't forget to block this person:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/blocking-buyer-ebay/

Happy Selling

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@kawh-6962 

PS The person who was trying to scam you has been suspended by Ebay.  Just thought you should know.  

Happy Selling!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Instead of paying to place a reserve you should start the bidding at the least you're willing to accept. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

(nothing to quote)

You just came to "New to Selling" board because you think you're getting scammed (you are). A very basic scam that you would know about IF you read any of the tutorials by eBay OR and of the boards here in the community before you tried to auction your stuff. Continuing to take shortcuts you post a question and don't even bother to write a bit about your problem in your post, just posting a one-line title with little info. Now it's been 2 days and you've not returned and answered the questions the good people here have asked you in an attempt to help you. 

Please, if you are at all interested in being helped, come back and interact with the folks that are here to help you. And listen to them. Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply