Did you mean: 

Sell Old coins, bank notes

Pls suggest to get buyers

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@lui8243 

I would suggest to sell them on the account you just created, as you cannot sell or advertise here on the community forum.

Good luck to you!!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@lui8243 wrote:

Pls suggest to get buyers

Standard advice (and it's standard because it works) is to start out with less expensive pieces - that zero feedback is going to attract scammers.  To avoid them, require everything be done thru eBay - purchasing and paying, feedback and conversations.  Keep it all polite and professional, but keep it on site, so eBay can see you're not the problem should things turn poorly.

New sellers have limits to how much they can post - both quantity and dollars.  Know yours and work within that - after 30 days, if you sales were good and feedback positive, you can request an increase.  First increase is always the most complicated, but after that, you should be able to request increases without all that fuss and grow your account, and sales, to your comfort point.

Take large and well-focused pictures.  Use a light, non-reflective background and consider investing in good full spectrum lighting and maybe a photobox.  The light (or white) background makes your darker coins and currency pop.  The non-reflective means you have much less trouble with glare.  Full spectrum lighting, or bright white (5000-5500K) gives a better, more color accurate image.  Learn to focus - either how to best use your camera's auto-focus feature, or how to stabilize your camera and focus by hand.

I start my pictures at 20MP - extremely huge.  I can then edit out the background to make the image more about the product being sold than the background.  Part of this reduces my source image.  Since I'm using a 3rd party desktop package, my images are automatically resized to 1600pixels on the longest side - the size recommended by eBay.  Smaller photos are not resized, and anything under 1000 I enlarge in the edit session (the image processors in my edit software are significantly better than in my listing software) to 1280-1440pixels.

Look at the sold listings of items similar to yours.  What makes them stand out?  What do most of them have in common?  How are they imaging their coins/currency?  How do they handle shipping?  How will you be packing for shipment?  Will you be selling locally or internationally?  If international, are there restrictions in some countries as to what you can and cannot ship into the country?

Lots to learn.  Start with eBay's Seller Central information -- lots there, but it has it's value.  Then read thru posts on this board or on the Selling board.  Just read - pick out the titles that interest you, and read thru all the comments and exchanges.  Take notes.  Don't worry about asking questions just yet -- read.  A lot, and I do mean a LOT, of your questions will be answered somewhere in those conversations.

And work/grow at your own pace.  Those new seller limits will help with that, but even after they are lifted/increased, don't get ahead of yourself with inventory purchasing or cutthroat pricing.  Work out what your costs will be and what you need to sell for to make the profit you want.  Don't ASSume - it's not healthy.  Then check similar listings, both running and sold.  Is your selling price within the range of what that type of item, in that condition, sells for?  If the average is higher than your number, you're golden and may even want to consider selling for more.  If it's lower, you need to reconsider if this piece should be sold on it's own or as part of a set/lot/collection.  Multi-item sales reduce the shipping expense -- shipping three coins together is likely no more expensive than shipping one.  It's not on my elongates - I can ship 4-5 coins for the same expense as one.  And do it safely with tracking.

Selling online is not nearly as easy as in "the early days"... but it can be learned and you can be successful IF you take the time to learn from the mistakes of others.  There are centuries of experience on the boards... tap into that when you need to, share your experiences when it's appropriate.

Welcome to the best job you'll ever question your sanity for starting.  It's a wild ride, so buckle up and start reading!

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

To get buyers, you need to have something listed, so they can buy.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Great stuff, thanks for your input.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I need help to sell my coin and papers money on commissions basis .

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I’m not new but I’m not capable to understand all terms and conditions. So I need help and I want to give commissions on sale.  I need to help for listing and pricing. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@lui8243 

I suggest you list them on your Ebay site you created.  That way they can possibly sell.

You can't advertise your items for sale here on this forum.

Good luck and Happy Selling.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@safin-2850 

This is where you learn to sell:

https://academy.ebay.com/student/catalog/

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

i have 1957 pakistan 100 note

Message 10 of 11