cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I put a minimum price on my merchandise?

I am having problems selling because I don't know how to set a price that has to be met before I sell?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Starting bid amount  or BUY It NOW  price.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@bedhi-11 

Here are the responses to your previous post. 
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Setting-a-minimum-price-for-sale/td-p/34337181

Your starting bid is the lowest you will accept. If you want to sell for at least $500, the starting bid is $500. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Your problem getting anyone to buy goes beyond that. You are trying to sell in an extremely saturated collectible market, and with collectibles you need plenty of crisp clear photos of which you have none. You are posting using one grainy photo that shows none of the detail of the item you are trying to sell.

Your titles need a TON of work. You have an item listed with a title of "figurines". For one, it is a single item and your title implies that it is more than one and just simply using one word for your title is not going to get that item found. Even if someone were to just search using that one word (which they won't), that word alone brings back OVER 4 MILLION results. You are allowed 80 characters in your title, use them if you want to have a chance for potential buyers to see your item.

Lastly, that 1991 Fleer Joe Montana card will fetch about a dollar (with free shipping) if you are lucky. Those fleer cards are pretty much worthless.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Don't run auctions when you are brand new. Follow the previous advice about your photograph, titles Etc. and run "Buy it now" listings until you get some experience and feedback.

(What you were envisioning is a reserve price and that's not practical because eBay charges a high fee to use it and it deters a lot of buyers from bidding on your items)

Message 5 of 5
latest reply