cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged 1125.00$ for ending a auction for a item i had a $ 23.00 buy it now

I was charged $ 1125.00 from ebay for ending a auction that i had a $23.00 buy it now on. I had two fake bidders both with 0 feedback bid the item up to $13,100  I ended the auction to stop the nonsense.  Help!!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

You may be stuck with that charge as ebay hates sellers that end auctions early.    Your only chance would be to contact ebay thru social media and ask for them to waive the fee this one time.

In the future if you have sport bidders on an auction, let it run to the end and then open a non-paying-bidder case against the sport bidders.   That will cancel the charges and, FWIW, give a strike to the bidders.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Sorry that happened but eBay's policy on ending listings that had bids is quite clear. You are charged final value fee based on the amount of the highest bid and ending a listing early. 
Ending a Listing 

You could contact CS reps on eBay for Business on Facebook to see if they can waive the fee. 

IMG_1382.jpeg

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

That's messed up. I hope it is resolved in your favor. So glad I no longer sell here.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Ending an auction before it ends with bids on it...you have an eBay fee whether it sold or not.

Never stop an auction with bids...there is a eBay fee.

Sounds like someone(s) did it knowing what they were doing.

Always check bidders daily...and you can cancel any bidders in an ongoing auction.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Yikes, I hope you can persuade eBay to make an exception in your case.

If this happens again. you should just cancel the suspect bids and put those members on your blocked-bidder list, rather than ending the auction.

Cancel bid: https://www.ebay.com/bfl/cancelbid

Block bidder: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Wow... just wow... and just another reason this place _____.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Please come back to this thread and let us know what the result is...

hopefully, once there is human intervention, logical heads will prevail

don't forget ebay for business on facebook for assistance.....

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Ending an auction before it ends with bids on it...you have an eBay fee whether it sold or not.

Never stop an auction with bids...there is a eBay fee.

Sounds like someone(s) did it knowing what they were doing.

Always check bidders daily...and you can cancel any bidders in an ongoing auction.

The other alternative if you are going to end the auction early is to sell it to the current highest bidder. Kind of a backfire on the sport bidders. While most will never pay it's always interesting to see the reaction. 

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I will not disagree with others who are pointing out this is an unforced error, and hope you find someone at Ebay who will make an exception.

You appear to be a relatively new seller, who is inappropriately listing as auctions. You are only getting one bid and usually no bids on your auctions and should be listing as fixed price.

It is unlikely that you will find a buyer for many of your items in 7 days, and even more unlikely to find two bidders. Ebay is not a major avocation for large masses of people any more.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I just wonder if the loophole for you would have been to cancel all bids by each and every bidder.  

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@brwerkh_0 

The fees are not based on your starting bid, but the highest bid.  That is why the fee is so high.  I know it is shocking, I'd be shocked too, but Ebay did exactly what they said they would do in the listing policy for ending a listing.  So it isn't nonsense, there are good reasons for Ebay doing this.  

You can get this fixed, you just need to contact Ebay and let them know what happened.  Stay completely professional, do not get excited or upset with them, that won't help.  Be factual and outline why you did what you did.  You should be just fine and Ebay should give you a credit for the fees.

Please come back and tell us how this turns out or if you need more help, just let us know.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@kennys-kollectibles wrote:

I just wonder if the loophole for you would have been to cancel all bids by each and every bidder.  

That's not a loophole, it's acceptable procedure.   A seller is allowed to cancel any bid at any time during the auction.  However, if they had then ended the auction early, they would have been charged the same penalty fee.   

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Yes, the seller screwed up, but this is a common sense issue where eBay should do the right thing. Cases like this usually require some reporter asking question for the claim to magically resolve. 

But seller, why end the auction? Let the person bid to a million if they want. You wait for the payment which is likely  to never come and then cancel. If the person is crazy enough to pay for whatever reason, then it is your lucky day. You never know. It may be something some rich person somewhere desperately wants,  or something you do not know the real value of. 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

So you don't believe that a seller (OP) who didn't understand the rules had any responsibility for the way this happened?  

Message 15 of 25
latest reply