cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

I had a ring for sale, there was little or no interest in it, I was offered a price and sold it, however, I could not find how to withdraw the listing. As there was no interest, no watchers and no bids. I decided that I would not re-list it. However, someone put in a bid, the ring was already sold. I have contacted the new 'buyer' and explained the situation.

Naturally, he wants his money back, and rightly so, but I have not received HIS money, eBay has it, therefore eBay should return it to him.  I am old and stupid! (92) I just can not find the facility to contact anyone at eBay to sort this out. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Cancellation

To cancel the order you would need to go to the item then click the menu marked with an "^" then click Cancel order. When you cancel you should select "Out Of Stock" because you are out of stock. (this will give you a defect but won't affect you unless you do this frequently) Follow the prompts to confirm cancellation. 
IMG_1616.jpeg

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Cancellation

You need to cancel the order as out of stock and refund the buyer.

If the funds are being held, you'll have to cover the refund until the buyers payment is released.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Cancellation

@denisowens 

Since you are an infrequent eBay seller, eBay will hold any funds which you may receive from sales for up to 30 days -- so the buyer HAS paid you, but eBay is holding those funds to protect the security of the transaction.

So, yes, YOU will need to refund the buyer from your OWN banking source, and eBay will reimburse you after the "hold" is removed from the payment to you.

After you refund the buyer, your watch will reappear in your inventory.

To remove that item from your inventory, go to your "Listings" screen, and find the item.  There is a small box to the left of the item, near the word "Edit."

Click on the word "Edit," and scan down to "End listing," and click on that.

Then, at the top of the "Listings" columns, you will see a series of blue ovals.  Click on the blue oval that reads "Actions," and click on "End listing."

Your item will now be removed from your eBay listings.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply