cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Vintage Games & Puzzles

I have sold and shipped a couple vintage games and puzzles but have had trouble find the right size of box. I've cut down large cardboard boxes to fit some of the puzzles, but it is a pain to do that and very expensive. The USPS Priority game boxes don't fit many games or puzzles in them either. I want to protect the items because of their age, but don't want to keep spending $15-20 on shipping because it drives the price up with free shipping. Do people normally wrap the game/puzzle and mail it in the original box? Or is there another way to get an appropriate box? If anyone has advice with selling and shipping these items, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I don't know the names of US suppliers, but we use a 'fold a box' thingy that allows us to buy in bulk but use a correctly sized box.

http://www.uline.ca/BL_407/Multi-Depth-Boxes

This is a Canadian site.

Hope this is helpful.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Why don't you just buy some brown shipping paper and wrap it like a present?  Just a thought.  We sell puzzles sometimes and that's usually what we do.  It's usually the children's Playskool puzzles and ones similar.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

A paper wrap is fine for children's games meant for play. But if the game is collectible, the box is of as much interest, perhaps more, to the collector as the contents.

It's necessary to protect the box from being crushed or dented, so kraft paper is not acceptable.

Another thought, since we just had an election here in Ontario, election signs are often made of CorPlast which is sort of plastic cardboard. Very lightweight and strong.

I sometimes use it as a top and bottom sandwich for my Flat Fifty cigarette tins, which can go Letter rate if they are under 2 cm, but are very expensive to ship as parcels if they are even 2.5cm thick.

You could ask candidates . particularly losers, if they would like you to collect and dispose of the signs for them.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply