cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay puyer protection order

parkus.blgyd
Explorer

Is ebay buyer protection order # VPP-978654456544 for $1,200.00 valid or a scamm

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@parkus.blgyd 

Likely a scam. 
No one gets a VPP#

If gift cards are involved it’s a scam. 

If you didn’t find the vehicle in eBay it’s a scam. 

Gift cards are what we give family and friends. 

Hopefully you haven’t purchased any gift cards. If you have, I hope you haven’t sent the numbers. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Unless it was found on eBay then yes scam. Was it? What is that number? It is not an eBay listing number.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Find something to buy, like a car, on another site and were told you would have "buyer protection" through eBay? 

SCAM.

Please assure us you did not buy the gift cards, or, if you did, that you didn't share the card numbers with anyone.  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I didNOT buy any apple gift cards

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@parkus.blgyd 

It sounds like a scam. Stop communicating with this person.

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scammers list vehicles on sites other than eBay at a super low price.  

Then they tell the prospective buyer that the transaction will be handled by eBay using the Vehicle Protection Program.  Then they will send a phony invoice, instructing you to pay for your purchase with gift cards.  They usually have a sob story about why the vehicle is so cheap (husband died, son died, got it in divorce, getting deployed, etc).   The seller almost always claims to be a woman, too, making the buyer think she just doesn't know the real value of what she is selling.

All legitimate eBay transactions begin on eBay (you found it for sale on eBay and not some other site like craigslist, offerup or facebook marketplace) and end on eBay.   

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@parkus.blgyd ,

There is no such thing as a "VPP #" or an Order number for VPP. So this is 110% SCAM. Stop communicating with the scamming, lying, thief. They don't have a vehicle to sell, they stole the pictures, description and VIN from another selling website.

Here is information about the real VPP, which only applies to vehicles that are purchased and sold on eBay, nowhere else. Please note the Alert Warning in orange at the top of this page. And eBay doesn't have any warehouses, and they don't handle sales for sellers who are overseas or on deployment.

https://pages.ebay.com/motors/buy/purchase-protection/

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The only protection order I ever heard about was for domestic violence.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Do you really think that you can buy a clean late model vehicle for 1200 dollars because of a fake story attached to it?

Ask yourself this. If the seller is in such an all fired hurry to unload a car because it brings back bad memories or they're about to exit the country then why don't they call a car dealer and give them the year/model/make/price. That dealer would be knocking on the door in less than 3 minutes with cash in hand.

Won't happen because a dealer is not that stupid....

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

99% of vehicles listed anywhere online for exactly $1200 are 100% SCAM

Message 11 of 11
latest reply