cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay/craigslist scam

re: post on craigslist for a Ford tractor/loader in Iowa - According to the eBay cust. service dept., the Invoice # and the phone#(888)583-3056 do not exist for eBay motors.  Also, the request for a wire transfer instead of a credit card or PayPal transaction is not the way eBay does business. Seller's name is Rebecca Jones - address is sent as 411 Queens Ct., Sioux City IA 51104. This is all the info I can pass on at this time.  If anything else shows up regarding this I will contact eBay again!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

eBay/craigslist scam

@member8840971 wrote:

Sadly this is my address. The scammers have been using my address for years. There was a time I was getting daily phone calls about these scams. A couple in Hawaii lost $ 17,000. Do your research before giving them money, not after. It had caused me a lot of stress, even had the police come to my door. Luckily they know its a scam but it was being investigated. Had multiple letters from district attorney's all over the states filing complaints against our address but different names.  Her story is usually my husband died and I'm moving to Iowa with my sister.  Please use common sense!!!

Wow, that REALLY sucks! You're just an innocent person, who didn't do anything; didn't even reply to one of their scams..... Scary!

A perfect example of why people should zealously guard their privacy and personal info- more so today than ever- Not to say that you didn't- they may've just chosen your address at random- but imagine if they do have any personal info about you, how much worse it could be? Yikes!

I don't have much sympathy for the people who actually send money to these scammers, because they are victims of their own greed- but it really makes me sick when the scammers involve random innocent people, such as yourself!

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

Same type of bull**bleep** eBay- Craigslist scam. She used Diana Ross, 411 Queens Ct, Sioux City, IA 51104 and listed 2 Honda jet skis and trailer for $3000.  Requested to send the $ in gift cards to a eBay secondary company with a phone (408) 849-4747 and they will ship the jet skis. She listed ad that jet skis were for sale in Grand Blanc, MI. 

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

Wow that is on our local facebook trash to treasure page also.Had no idea it made it all the way to ebay!

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

If the ridiculously low prices don't do it....

If the "free shipping" doesn't do it... (Ya know what it would cost to ship 2 jet skis on a trailer cross country??!!- a car would cost $1000 to ship- but something a trailer two or three times more, because it can't move under it's own power, to be transfered from truck to truck to get where it needs to go!)

You would THINK that if all else fails.....paying by GIFT CARDs would wake people up to the fact that SOMETHING is wrong!

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

Thanks for the heads up.  Same address but the name is Jessica Webber this time -  and they are selling a boat.  Sent me a form from Ebay Motors to sign and figure out financing.  Called Ebay and they confirmed with me it was a scam.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

Scams for Dummies

Problem 1. Simple arithmetic.

Craigslist + eBay = ScAm

This will be on the final exam.

QED

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

just got involved with another one of these scams but for a boat posted on craig's list in Detroit, same "my husband died and i moved to Iowa with my daughter" line. Same address but different name , Jessica Webber. luckily we were smart enough to push back hard.  we even called the number on the "invoice" and foreigner who got testy when i asked her how i can verify she was legit. "i can give you my employee ID".  me:  "ok, and who can i talk to verify it's real?".  them: "we're too busy to send you around to 5 different people so you can verify". okay lady, buh bye.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

eBay/craigslist scam

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 23 of 23
latest reply