cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Somebody Give Me Ideas On My Motors Listing?

I have never listed an eBay Motors item but I must not be doing it right because I'm getting ZERO views. Can you tell me what is going on? I don't have access to the information that I'm sure people who sell OEM parts have so I used what little info I could accumulate from prior listings and Google. I thought my price was reasonable but after no views on the prior listing I lowered it again.

Ideas? I'd really appreciate it.

Jackie

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mountainmommie wrote:

I have never listed an eBay Motors item but I must not be doing it right because I'm getting ZERO views. Can you tell me what is going on? I don't have access to the information that I'm sure people who sell OEM parts have so I used what little info I could accumulate from prior listings and Google. I thought my price was reasonable but after no views on the prior listing I lowered it again.

Jackie

Your auction ad looks fine to me, it just takes time,  if some one is looking for those  years of head rests they may have to go though pages and pages of chinnese **bleep**, that has nothing to do with  Lincoln head rests  and that discourages buyers I run into to that all the time when I am looking for car parts, I own a 1968 Ford LTD it needs front arm rests very badly, I type that in and 20 pages of 100 each page comes up, but nothing to do with the arm rests, I just say to heck with that and stop looking, back in the beginng of ebay you could type in 1968 for arm rests and that is all that would show up not every thing else including a kitchen sink, you have it priced right and good pics...Da ....Nut

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@mountainmommie wrote:

Jackie

Your auction ad looks fine to me, it just takes time,  if some one is looking for those  years of head rests they may have to go though pages and pages of chinnese **bleep**, that has nothing to do with  Lincoln head rests  and that discourages buyers I run into to that all the time when I am looking for car parts, I own a 1968 Ford LTD it needs front arm rests very badly, I type that in and 20 pages of 100 each page comes up, but nothing to do with the arm rests, I just say to heck with that and stop looking, back in the beginng of ebay you could type in 1968 for arm rests and that is all that would show up not every thing else including a kitchen sink, you have it priced right and good pics...Da ....Nut

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Price is fine. Adding best offer may help. It's just not a high demand item. Not something that ever gets damaged during the life of the vehicle so there is very little call for it. It could easily sit for 2 years or more or they could sell next week. I have dozens of listing that only get one or two views after 30 days.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mountainmommie

As mentioned...could just be a slow time...

But it's been reported many times in the other forums that the view counter isn't working proper as well...

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mountainmommie

I bet it's the counter....

Here ya go...just one of the many threads on it over in  the "techical Issues" forum...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/View-counter-not-working/m-p/28654019#M42670

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I cannot see what you have listed as I am in Canuckistan.

A Motors parts auction? Waste of effort, unless you want 99¢. Parts buyers shop, they do not bid. 

Headrests for a 1968 Lincoln, did I read that corretly? That is LIFI, list it forget it. You need to wait for that ONE buyer to come along, when tey do.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

I cannot see what you have listed as I am in Canuckistan.

A Motors parts auction? Waste of effort, unless you want 99¢. Parts buyers shop, they do not bid. 

Headrests for a 1968 Lincoln, did I read that corretly? That is LIFI, list it forget it. You need to wait for that ONE buyer to come along, when tey do.

Hay Mr Elmwood you did read it wrong, pay attetion!!!!! LOL, I am the one that has a 1968 ford looking for ARMRESTS not Head rests,  it has no need for head rests a 68 Ford never came with them, hers is a 2011 Lincoln navigater. like new head rests Her price is  about right, as a few others are selling the same thing and are asking tons more, a best offer might be a good thing maybe willing to take 50 instead of 58......Again Elmwood PAY ATTENTION TO THE PROGRAM!! ....LOL....Da Nut

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I really got that all nicely cropped up. I am too poor to pay attention.

Nothing came with head rests in '68, now that I stop and think about it.

Post a link to the listing 'cause this foreigner wants to see and offer "helpful" advice.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232891748813?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks to all who responded. I got 10 views now so y'all are seeing it. Confirmed price is good so that is helpful. Won't create an auction listing next time and do GTC. I'll give it more time and then throw on a BO.

Thumbs up, boys ... thanks for helping a girl out.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Searchability problems.

Your title should be "Head Rests Front Lincoln Navigator ....". The search algorithym has changed, on Motors, with the advent of "My Garage". Buyers are being trained to search for the part, then asked: "What car do you want it for".

You are not using "Parts Compatability"? That will list the various years that these will fit. Only 11-14? Other listing seem to indicate as far back as 07. Add "PC" as that is eBay's major search engine in Motors.

Only two pictures? eBay "best practises" is to use all twelve. The last statistics I was told was that 62% of all transactions are touched by a mobile device. That was way back in 2015. On mobile, buyers like lots of pictures, as pictures sell. On mobile, the description is on a separate page they have to click through to.

All those people, staring at their phones? They are buying on eBay.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I take it back, 11-14 looks correct.

Holy smokes, these retail at $440, each.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply