cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to figure out if this is a scam posed on Facebook marketplace

Hi again! eBay just emailed me and told me they already sent you the invoice. Did you received the invoice from eBay Motors?

Also check your SPAM folder as a filter may have prevented it from reaching your primary In-box. Please get back to me asap and inform me when you will be able to make the payment so I can start the delivery

Dear James  T

You are receiving this email because the seller ( Vanessa Gonzalez ) has registered you as a potential buyer.

You can find the invoice for the 2002 Ford F-150 XLT and all the steps to complete the transaction 📎 attached to this email.

📬For any questions reply at: Support Department

Thank you for using the eBay Service !

NOTE* If you are unable to view it on your mobile phone please install any PDF reader. It's free. The attachment is a PDF file which is not compatible with all phones/tablets models. We strongly recommend you to open it from your c

omputer..

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

That's an old scam we hear about almost every day.

Ebay has noting to do with items found on FB.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You are receiving this email because........has registered you as a potential  buyer....

NO. that email is fake, sent to you by the scammer. Sellers don't register potential buyers. Sellers have no idea who is buying their item until after the buyer has hit the buy now button in the listing or placed a bid and won at the end of the auction.

Report the fraudulent ad on Facebook and forward that fake email to spoof@ebay.com.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

wow, is this old scam still around?  The best never die I guess

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@tal383051 

Old scam, with a new pdf twist.

You probably first found this on Facebook Marketplace, or Craig's List, or some other trading site -- but NOT on eBay.

That's not how eBay works -- so you're dealing with a thief.

Hopefully you have not sent them any money, or any of the numbers from the backs of gift cards.

But, if you already have -- your money is gone, never to be seen again -- and eBay can NOT help you, because eBay was never involved.

Report the fraud on the site where you first found this "great deal," and try not to fall for it again.

Happy holidays.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Well thank you 1786 Davy Crockett I appreciate that information I kind of figured it was when they sent me the fake email with a trademark eBay sticker attachment I knew right then it was a fake one because you guys don't do that and also from the other posts that I read on this forum you guys have been super helpful and I have already reported this issue thank you

Message 6 of 6
latest reply