cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it a Sacam

So my dad saw this fourwheeler AD on Facebook, he sent a message to the lady ta was "selling it", she said to sent an email and provided a email address, we sent the inquiry email, and they said they have to sell it cause they are going to be deployed with the medical ARMY to another country, so we ask for an address and they didn't provide any and they sent this 

I'm in the army with my military medical team and right now I am in McChord Air Force Base,WA. We are training, getting ready for leaving the country. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with eBay services so my presence isn't necessary. The delivery process will be managed by me. I think I can have it there at your home address within 2-3 working days. It will come with a clear title and reg. You will have 5 days to test and inspect the atv. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money. I need to know if you are interested so I can ask eBay to send you the details on this deal. If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (full name, shipping address (street, city and zip code) and phone number), so we

can get the ball rolling.

We do agree to buy it and "eBay" sent a payment invoice and it says that payment should be with eBay card, We are not going to sent anything! 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Is it a Sacam

Scam. Just delete the whole thing. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Is it a Sacam

@inwa4766 This is a scam, good on you for checking it out before proceeding. All sales must stay on eBay, this is not how an online sale works. Stop messaging this person. Do not reply, just delete and move along. Do not get into any accusations with them. Just ignore and look for another ATV. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Is it a Sacam

@inwa4766 

Yes, it's an old scam that we hear about almost every day.

Report the ad to FB.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Is it a Sacam

Beware scammers who advertise on other sites and tell you that the transaction will be handled through eBay.

That is not how eBay works. eBay does not rely on users finding ads on Facebook or other sites and sending contact information to a seller. Likely the seller will send a phony "invoice" that appears to be from eBay but is not, asking you to pay with gift cards to have the vehicle shipped to you for a free evaluation period.

eBay has no warehouse and does not ship vehicles. eBay does not handle such transactions or provide "vehicle protection orders". Scammers often promise those things, though. Any phone number you may receive on such an "invoice" does not connect to eBay, but to the scammer.

Anyone that asks you to purchase gift cards or to send card codes to them to complete a transaction is trying to take advantage of you. Anyone asking for a gift card is looking for a gift at your expense. Once anyone else knows the code, your money will be gone and you will have no recourse.

See here for some info about avoiding such scams (US links):

https://pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/security/index.html

https://www.fbi.gov/scams-and-safety/common-fraud-schemes/online-vehicle-sale-fraud

The only way to purchase a vehicle on eBay is to sign in to eBay, find the vehicle on eBay and complete the checkout process on eBay, so that the item appears in your Purchase History. Then you typically meet the seller to inspect the vehicle, pay the seller, and collect the keys, title and vehicle.

If you encountered an ad on another site, contact that site to have the ad removed. eBay is not involved with any ads listed on sites other than eBay itself.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Is it a Sacam

it is a sa-cam totally, unless you prepay your facebook premium before the end of the day. sound crazy? HURRY UP OR YOU MISS THE DEAL

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Is it a Sacam

Smart of you not to send anything.

Forward the email to spoof@ebay.com and report the fraudulent ad on the site you found it.

eBay gift cards are for gifts not payments.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Is it a Sacam

You need to tell your dad to stop shopping on other sites and expecting the sale to be handled by eBay.

This is such a common scam that it's hard to believe anyone still falls for this.

Why would eBay be involved in a sale on any other site, when they have their own site?

Would I make a purchase at WalMart and then go to Target to pick it up? 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Is it a Sacam

working on it...

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Is it a Sacam

yse ti si a tolat scacm

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Is it a Sacam

Don’t delete this people need to know. The people that say delete this r the scammers!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Is it a Sacam

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply