cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay motors

A seller has a vehicle listed as having X amount of miles. The mileage is too low, suspiciously low.

I ran a carfax on the VIN. The odometer has an alert for a reported mileage inconsistency.

The car has a history, in Carfax, of escalating mileage and at one point it went from 100,XXX miles to only 14K miles. Obviously the odometer was changed. Given the sellers history and knowledge, I believe the seller knows but is describing the car incorrectly anyway.

Either way, the mileage is not accurate. How do I report to ebay? This is bad, the auction is up to 7K for a 20+ year old car with fake mileage. I was going to bid and did a carfax, im taken aback by this guy.

edit- speeil check

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

EBay motors

@ripsmc wrote:

The seller claims to be law enforcement but is also charging a DOC and title fee.  Is that right I wonder?

Google the phone number in the listing and you will find the answer. 

Facebook gives you the companies name. Google that and BBB gives you the owners name. Google the owners name and now you have your info.

Simple enough.

We all know that there's no privacy left in this world that we live in.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

EBay motors

He isn't that far from me. I have half a notion to drive mine over and see what he'd give me. It has 143,000 on it but if you changed it to 43,000 you could believe it.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

EBay motors

Considering the feedback, I tend to think the guy is legit although the mileage discrepancy on the Caprice would bug me.

Either Carfax has made a mistake or there's been some funny business with the odometer.

One thing for sure. The taxpayers have been taking a bath on these. A 2004 Crown Vic PI with 2900 miles? How is that cost effective......

All of the cop cars around here get about 150k miles or more before they're put to auction. The local PD still has half a dozen of them roaming around although they're converting to Ford Explorers with a few Impalas in the mix.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply