cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me the year make model of the car in this image?

Can anyone tell me the year make model of the car in this image? Thanks so much for your help in advance! 🙂

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I was thinking mid 50's cause of the dice. The wrap arround windshield made me think 55, 56. Didn't know after that tho.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know how '55 and '56 chevy dashboards are the same except how the trim on a '55 has little chevy chevrons and the '56 has rectangles?  The Pontiacs also have different trim across the dash, and the '56 has two horizontal strips that the '55 does not.  The black photo is a '55 and the yellow one is a '56.

55 pontiac dash.jpg56 Pontiac dash.jpg

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

1987 Volvo 740 GLE with the chrome trimmed steering wheel package.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

duncanscars wrote:

Do you know how '55 and '56 chevy dashboards are the same except how the trim on a '55 has little chevy chevrons and the '56 has rectangles?  The Pontiacs also have different trim across the dash, and the '56 has two horizontal strips that the '55 does not.  The black photo is a '55 and the yellow one is a '56.

Now I know.  I'll admit....I'm an 80's kid so my knowledge is not that great.  I'll remember this now.

I'm fortunate to work part-time for a large old-school speed shop (and machine shop) and I really learn something new everyday.  I'm constantly around some of the coolest cars to come out of Detroit.  Everything from Model T's to a real Superbird to Chevelles....you name it.  I handle "internet sales" so I don't work on the cars, but I'm always checking them out and studying them.  Plus I have to dig through a 40 year old collection of parts, research them and sell.  I love it.  

Message 19 of 19
latest reply