cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer failed to pay

Buyer failed to pay after the item was purchased.  This was the second time this happened with this buyer.  

As a result my listing was deleted.  And, when I cancelled as a result of non-payment my listing was not reinstated at no charge as it should have been.

What can I do to obtain getting my listing reinstated?

Also, what can be done to this buyer to get his account cancelled?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Buyer failed to pay

@mckibler1 

eBay Motors listings are different than regular listings. 
These transactions are non-binding. Either party can walk away without penalty. There is nothing to report about this buyer, or any buyer in this situation. 

eBay Motors listings don’t automatically relist. 

Since 2008 it has been against the rules to leave negative comments in a positive feedback for buyers. Should these feedback comments be removed by eBay, the seller will receive a mark on their seller metrics. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Buyer failed to pay

You can block him here. https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Buyer failed to pay

It is unfortunate that you cannot rate a buyer as negative.  eBay did that long ago to make the platform friendly to buyers and sellers had to learn to like it.  Also, leaving negative comments in the positive review is unacceptable.

List the vehicle as a buy it now requiring a non-refundable amount so that if they click it, you keep a certain amount of money.  You will end up with serious buyers.

There is no penalty for clicking the buy it now on 100 vehicles and walking away from all of them.  However, if you have to pay money, you won't do that.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Buyer failed to pay

"eBay Motors listings are different than regular listings. 
These transactions are non-binding. Either party can walk away without penalty. There is nothing to report about this buyer, or any buyer in this situation."

That applies to car/truck sales not parts. All other sales are just as binding as on eBay. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Buyer failed to pay

There used to be a board contributor that would file a lawsuit against non-paying bidders.  There was a sensational case involving a Federal employee who did not pay and he collected on the costs involved.

Shortly after, eBay changed the terms that listings for motor vehicles were non-binding.

I've always suspected that this was done to remove any fear of non-payment.  There were those who insisted that any bidder on eBay Motors be registered and required to pay.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply