cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Scam

No I did not go out and buy gift cards. Yes I am completely aware that this is a SCAM.  Yes it was on CL.

Kinda surprised how low the price is. Usually they are in the $1200 to $1500 range.

Maybe it's because it is a 1999 and not a 2006.

1999 Tacoma Craigslist Scam.png

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no 1999 Tacomas for sale on our local craigslist, but there is a 2000 for $7.900 (with 203,000 miles on it).  I would think a '99 with only 61k on the clock would bring $5k easy.

Maybe the scammer thinks people have spent part of the $1200 stimulus money and only have $800 left!

Crazy world we live in!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The sad part is there are 50 people running out to buy gift cards so they can take advantage of this poor widow. Or should I say some guy in a 3rd world location sitting in a  cafe waiting for a telephone call on his VoIP claiming to be eBay Motors.  And at the end of the day he gets in his Mercedes and drives home.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@nkmipgolf wrote:

The sad part is there are 50 people running out to buy gift cards so they can take advantage of this poor widow. Or should I say some guy in a 3rd world location sitting in a  cafe waiting for a telephone call on his VoIP claiming to be eBay Motors.  And at the end of the day he gets in his Mercedes and drives home.

Or goes out and purchases some guns for terrorists.

Folks would be really freaked at what some of the organized scams money is used for.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Scammers always have some convoluted back story as to why they are selling the vehicle. I guess they feel it's substantiates  an earnest agenda somehow

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

ignorant sheep greed - victims deserve it. not sad for them

Message 6 of 6
latest reply