Ever own one??

Ever think about them??

Ever seen one??... running???
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

<<<<<..HEY !! What about the SUPER VEE..??...>>>>>>

Hi Guys,

I have actually built one a few years ago (1994). Rode it once, and it blew out the main seal... some issue with crank case pressure. Other than that it was hard to start and keep a good idle. I put it in storage for all this time do to work travel, but now taking her out to have another go at it. Will post some pictures if anyone is iterested.
Pete
Message 16 of 64
latest reply

three*kick
Enthusiast
Kav follow the link posted above, it haas Tech answer's to the breather problems!

If all else fails, I have several Idea's on how to make it breath!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

support your local "81"
Message 17 of 64
latest reply

thanks for the pointer three*kick but I found only a couple of brochures in the tech section. Any ideas?
Pete
Message 18 of 64
latest reply

one*kick
Scout
Humm, I thought they had the update listed for their aGeneration 3 motor, (it supposedly fixed the breather problems)

Which motor do you have?

Anyway, first thing I would try is adding a Chevy rocekrbox breather to each rocker box!(this would also help with the really blocky look this boxes have)

I need to study the lowerend scamtics more!

I'm sure also there are several mechanics here that will have ideas, Espcially since this is a shrunken Car motor!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"support your local 81"
Message 19 of 64
latest reply

porsche911extrem
Enthusiast
i own one
i ride one
it is great
Message 20 of 64
latest reply

How far have you ridden it?
Message 21 of 64
latest reply

IIRC, they listed all of the tooling for one of the earlier generation Super Vees on eBay a few years back. It didn't meet reserve. Nostalgia Cycle "invented" the Super Vee. I was one of the 1st Nostalgia Cycle dealers when they 1st started in business ('86?). Their prices were OK, but their dealer(customer) service was pathetic. If you placed an order large enough to qualify for the free shipping discount, but they were out of stock on an item that reduced the total below the free shipping threshold, they charged you the shipping. I placed an order once and when I recieved it the invoice showed everything except one item as out-of-stock. I recieved a $3.00 part and was charged over $4.50 shipping. The part retailed for $5.00. I recieved the rest of the order in dribbles and drabs over the next few weeks, paying shipping costs that made it impossible to make any profit. Nostalgia wouldn't do anything about it, no refund, no credit, no nothing. So I ordered 50 tires C.O.D. and refused them when they arrived. They had to eat the shipping. Needless to say, I've never ordered anything from them again. Their early business practices are probably why they aren't as popular with shops as Custom Chrome, Chrome Specialties, and V-Twin/Teds Cycle. OK, I'm done ranting now.
Message 22 of 64
latest reply

bazango
Guide
]:) So I ordered 50 tires C.O.D. and refused them when they arrived. :^O
Message 23 of 64
latest reply

I distinctly remember telling them, send me shirts, send me anything you have to use up the credit, if you will not have the parts in stock...
Message 24 of 64
latest reply

yes i have a supervee just got it running some problems sounds like a harley on steroids have not driven it yet not a project for the average wrencher.
Message 25 of 64
latest reply

thisandthatthings
Enthusiast
Steve had a good idea/concept when he designed the Super-Vee, however, they were flawed in each generation. He knew the design and manufacturing were off but continued to sell them so he wouldn't be taking a financial loss. (In one of the generations a hole wasn't bored correctly or something.) Anyway, I know he refused to issue refunds on each and every customer who complained - and that was everyone that bought one. He was even so stubborn that he did ride a Super-Vee himself, but it would BREAK DOWN virtually every single time we would go out on the thing.... sigh......
Message 26 of 64
latest reply

stavros!
Enthusiast
Howdy!

If you've got a Super Vee, I'd like to chat with you
about it. I've watched the damn thing since '84, but
wasn't willing to buy one until they got the bugs out,
which as far as I could tell, never did happen. When
they sold it off to that guy in Chicago, and he promised
to have Generation 5 out, I thought I would finally
get one, but he quit and never produced one.
Message 27 of 64
latest reply

Any idea what these Super Vee's are worth? I have an opportunity to buy a 92, but hesistant. Sounds like a lot of issues, but I like it for being unique. Can't be to many of these out there.
Message 28 of 64
latest reply

strokerjlk
Enthusiast
I remember them making A hemi also. anyone have a pic of one? I have some super cycle mags from the 80's with them in it somewhere????
Message 29 of 64
latest reply

Just a follow up on my supervee I finally found a ignition system made for a gen 1 and 2 or 3 supervee made for a 90 deg eng , not a harley 45 totally programmable made by power arc in anykey iowa they programmed it specially for a supervee 90 no popping no backfire runs great
Message 30 of 64
latest reply