cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas prices in your area

The Gas prices per liter today in Ottawa are $1.146 to $1.152 in the area that I live in. This amounts to $5.202 to $5.230 a imperial gallon. For those of us that are now on fixed incomes (retired) we will start to really feel the pinch if it goes much higher. If you listen to the market wizards, they are predicting that the cost of a barrel of oil will go to about $100.00 USD in the next few months or at least by the end of this year. This should probably bring the price per liter up to about $1.50 to $1.60 or more per liter in this country. The biggest problem as I see it is that most of the younger people have good paying jobs today and a few more cents does not seem to faze them. I say this as I watch my own family and how they operate and also I do not see any reduction in traffic on the roads and the big SUV's are still being sold so it gives me the impression that most people at this time are saying "WHO CARES" it's only money. At todays rate of exchange an American gallon would cost me $4.59 using Cdn dollars. I guess my next question is; What are you folks paying in your different area's ?????? Jack
Message 1 of 358
latest reply
357 REPLIES 357

Gas prices in your area

We are up to 1.39.9.    Getting gouged is starting to feel normal.......yipes!

Message 346 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

That price is sickening.  We were paying that after katrina so I\d hate to know what you were paying then.  Ours jumped up to  1.12  or 1.16 here Think it may be even higher at certain brands. Esso for some reason always seem to be higher than Cdn Tire during flunctuations.

I'll be glad when I can ride scooter and save on gas.

Message 347 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

Our ESSO is the cheapest in town, however, at COSTCO in St. John's it is $1.16. Isn't worth the 50km round trip to get the cheaper gas since we don't shp at COSTCO.

Right after Katrina we were paying $1.49/L. Actually we hit close to that mark eery summer. Tourist season you know.......never mind that we locals have to pay that too.

Message 348 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

gas finally down to 1.20 L.   could still come down another 20 cents but why would oil companies do that when they can take advanteage of the world for the sake of padding their profit.

thankfully I'm riding scooter most of time and the car still has same tank of gas as when it was stored. (that'd be a record, a whole summer on one tank of gas. hardly worth insuring the car for driving.) but feels good being in the seat.

Message 349 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

As usual we get screwed on the Rock. Oh it's down allright. Down to $1.32.9. We were at &1.37.  Also saw in Dominion some Wagu steaks at $160.00/lb. No kidding! They had so much fat in them that they looked like a heart attack on the grill. Of course they were not selling and the butcher dropped the price to $60/lb. Still not selling. What a waste!

Message 350 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

My sister in law raves about wagu steak, mind you with her it has nothing to do with the taste it is all about the price,sucker, I personally don't like it, had a taste at a deli and it tasted like crap, if I'm going to buy expensive steak I will buy Angus, it is lean and tastes superb, but plain old rump is OK at anytime, I DO like scotch fillet when I can afford it, here it works out around $35 a kilo. Has nothing to do with gas price but who really cares LOL.

Cat Wink

Message 351 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

Had to google wagyu to find out what the hell Pete was talking about.

Ok there are some crappy cuts of steak here that you just can't throw on bbq and expect it to be good, ie round steaks are on the tough side so need to be marinated,

After bbqing in all the worng ways for the first 15 years+ of my life, the last 8 yers of effort is paying off.  While one friend was bragging about his so called $3000 bbq that came free with his $9000 pool (looked no different than the $1000 grills at superstore/home depot.

I am come to this conclusion, it's not always the meat or the grill, it's the guy cooking it that makes the biggest difference.

I have done amazing creations with my Rona $200 grill.  Yes, I will toot my own horn.

Message 352 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

Yum, time for more BBQ....  We normally don't use a cookout budget that includes steak, aside from the little round flat ones....

All the best,

Charles

Message 353 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

Actually I have been off steaks for quite a while. I do do a mean filet mignon on the Weber kettle, but even those have left me flat lately in the taste department. My chioce.......tube steaks!!!!!  Especially Italian ones.

Message 354 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

you mean newfie steak ?

Message 355 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

Moose tube steaks! Yum!!!!!

Message 356 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

WTF?! In the course of one day, gas here shot up 8 cents/L to 126.9,
Message 357 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

69.9 c/Litre here in Winnipeg..  makes it easier on the wallet filling the 136 L tank on my truck.

Message 358 of 358
latest reply