cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete/Asphalt effects

Time to reach into the knowledge banks.. What's the best method for modelling concrete and asphalt whether it be for a retaining wall or road pavement or sidwalks? Books are expensive here in Canada so I'm hesitant in buying a book for one section of interest. However if there is a good book out there that covers the above requested and other great scenery tips then I would perhaps buy it. Dave the Burlington Canadian guy...I mean Burlington Northern
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Concrete/Asphalt effects

Pics are up. Explanation is in discussion "Buyer or Builder". Pete, the pussycat tamer. 🙂
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Concrete/Asphalt effects

An update for Dave, unintentionally. I dropped a screwdriver on my plaster turn-table pit a while and have been struggling to find the right color paint to repair it. I can not get Floquil paints up here, and I really don't want to smell them anymore anyway, so I have been looking for the perfect color match in an acrylic. Found it! Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint #02488 "Mudstone". It's perfect. Goes on looking like wet cement and dries to a perfect, to my eyes, aged concrete. Water clean-up and fast drying time. Can be thinned for air-brushing too. Doesn't matter what material you put this on; plaster, wood or paper, the color is right on. So if you want environment friendly concrete color, look for it in the craft paint section of the LHS or Michael's. Actually I found mine at the hardware store. B-) & :x
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Concrete/Asphalt effects

thanks Pete. i'll keep my eyes peeled for it here.
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Concrete/Asphalt effects

elkozmo
Enthusiast
I used an extremely fine charcoal ballast for my city roads, as the styrene has a tendency to warp and curl in heat/cold situations. I also had some unique circumstances to deal with, but overall I am very pleased with the result. Just use the basic guidelines for laying ballast and you should be set. Has a nice tezture as well. Bob
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Concrete/Asphalt effects

as a contractor we need work hard to estimate asphalt but the things is why we? as we are now in the world where any thing can possible and With the AI, don't believe me but guess what i create this tool with no knowledge of programming so give it a try and live easily.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Concrete/Asphalt effects

Accurate modeling of concrete and asphalt is crucial for designing and analyzing structures such as retaining walls, pavements, and sidewalks. Various methods are employed to simulate the behavior of these materials under different loading conditions and environmental factors.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Concrete/Asphalt effects

You're right, books can be expensive, especially in Canada. So, let's ditch the hefty tomes and explore some fantastic free resources to help you master modelling concrete and asphalt for your retaining walls, roads, or sidewalks: YouTube, Blogs, Communities and more.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply