cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app upgrade, older versions no longer supported

If you have been notified to update your eBay app, here are the steps to take to get the latest version onto your device. You need to have iOS 14 or higher to get the latest version from the Apple App Store 

• Open the App Store app on your device 
  • Search for eBay app in the App Store 
  • Select ‘Update’ button next to the eBay app title  

Link to Apple App Store: 

https://apps.apple.com/cg/app/ebay-buy-sell-and-save-money/id282614216

iOS 12 - If your device is running iOS 12 you might be able to install an older version from the App Store 

• Delete the ebay app from the device
  • Open the app store app
  • Tap account button
  • Tap Purchased
  • Scroll to the eBay app and tap the cloud and down arrow icon

If your device cannot be upgraded to iOS 12 you can use the Safari browser to access ebay.

Thank you and let us know if you have any troubles getting these updates to work.

Message 4 of 225
latest reply
224 REPLIES 224

On iOS 13.2.2 still won’t install. Dim icon > tap > loading... > installing... > dim icon again. 

Message 211 of 225
latest reply

Thank You. Got the App

Message 212 of 225
latest reply

Shame with all your money that you can’t figure out a way to fix this problem??

maybe another better site will replace you?

Message 213 of 225
latest reply

Now that I have updated the app all works great. Of course, I did have to spend $700 to buy a new IPad since my old one wouldn’t update past IOS 12.5.5. New iPad is at IOS 15. I need lots of sales now to pay for it!

Message 214 of 225
latest reply

None of these helpful hints worked ! Why would you just drop all of the customers because their phones aren’t the latest version ?? Seems quite unnecessary to me ......

Message 215 of 225
latest reply

@lamal1129 wrote:

None of these helpful hints worked ! Why would you just drop all of the customers because their phones aren’t the latest version ?? Seems quite unnecessary to me ......

I see you also messaged in another post @lamal1129 about not being able to access the app. Based off of this post though, it's sounding like your device may not be able to get the most recent version of the app due to age.

The reason there's a limit as to how far back we will maintain things, is because we're not able to provide proper security and stability on older devices and versions of operating systems. Updates help with functionality enhancements, patches to security holes, and more.

In the meantime, until you're able to upgrade your device to be able to access the app, you should be able to use the site with a mobile browser. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 216 of 225
latest reply

I have updated my bank account and still I have not received payment. I haven’t sent items until I am Paid, and I’m not sure why funds aren’t released. 

Message 217 of 225
latest reply

iPhone 8 Plus user here, yes can not install latest or last compatible version - stuck in an infinite loop of click ‘update’ / launch app / request to update again or exit 

I have been a seller on eBay for many years, guessing 07ish as I can’t check the app to see lols

and yes I rebooted my phone and reinstalled, same result; as aware of the browser option tho this can be fairly painful with zooming/field fillin/page jumping etc

as much as I love eBay and have been an avid buyer, if there’s no fix it may be time to start using a different platform

Message 218 of 225
latest reply

Screw you guys. I’m not going to allow you to determine my upgrade schedule for iOS. I have reasons for staying with iOS 13 and  the fact that I can’t use eBay on my phone anymore is ridiculous. Forcing these app upgrades will not win you customers. It will only lose your customers.   I’ve been a buyer and seller since 1999 and have bought and sold so much, and you just lost me. No more income from me! Create a legacy app I can use or go find new customers. There’s always Poshmark. 

Message 219 of 225
latest reply

And my phone is only a year old so it’s not the phone. It’s that I have iOS 13.7 and it’s not that old and you should still be supporting it. This is utter crap.

Message 220 of 225
latest reply

How do I unpin this?? No one cares about this old thread!!! 
fix the stuff that is broken and let current problems come to the top!!

ITEM FRICKEN DEACRIPTIONS ARE MISSING!!!!🤬🤬🤬🤬🖕🏽

Message 221 of 225
latest reply

you could always launch ebay on the browser...

Message 222 of 225
latest reply

Fonts & pics are much smaller, wish they had the option to make fonts bigger

Message 223 of 225
latest reply

Sure... but then you cannot take advantage of deals only available if you use the app!

For example, last week I was offered $5 off a $50 or more purchase... BUT only if I purchase using the app!

Like so many others, I am on iPadOS 14... not that old; only 1 version down, right?? But yet the latest eBay app update requires iPadOS 15. Yes, the App Store gives a message that I can download the latest version of the eBay app that is supported on iPadOS 14, but as with so many others, when I click "Download" to do that, it just goes in a circle telling me the same thing about 4 times, and then exits.

I am not sure if this is an App Store problem (because I have seen it with other apps, such as McDonald's), OR if it is that the authors of these apps fail to properly configure their apps in the App Store to ALLOW updating to the "last version that supports your level of iOS (or iPadOS)"??  (My guess is the latter... they just don't care... or worse, do not even KNOW this feature is available to them in the App Store and that all they have to do is configure it properly.)

Message 224 of 225
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 225 of 225
latest reply