cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading photos from IPhone App-major issue

When uploading photos to my listings today from my IPhone via the ebay app, the photos are being numbered and the newest photo I choose keeps getting number 1, so I tried to select them in reverse order and then they stay in that order.  Also, there are times that even though I am picking photos from my camera roll and they are very clearly my item, other photos from my roll are showing up in the listing.  Trying to list today was taking 2-3 times longer than normal.  

Is anyone else having issues?

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for all the reports. There is a new update available of the iPhone app and it should have this working better.

Thanks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 30 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Yes! I am having the same issue. It is taking forever to access my photo album and then when it finally does it is in reverse order. It is now starting with my oldest photos. Opening my "Recent Photos" album fixes that issue. However, when I choose a photo, and it finally loads, it is not the photo I chose but a different photo from a different album. 

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

I cannot add any photos to listings. This issue just started today. When I try to add photos to a listing on the mobil app it goes to a weird screen that shows no photos and instead just a few icons (camera, picture) and says “Recent photos 0 of 12”  “upload” and “close”. I cannot activate any of these items and after about 10 seconds the app crashes. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the eBay app, turned my iPhone 11 Pro Max off and back on, and updated to the new ios 14.01. Still no luck.

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

I am having the same issue. it seems to be the latest upgrade to IOS. My IPhone is the same even though I uninstalled and reinstalled Ebay.  My Iad was fine until I upgrade. I gave Ebay permission to access photos but it seems that it an only access downloaded photos not iCloud shared photos. I did have to close and reopen the app on my iPad to ge any photo access at all.

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

I am having the same issue. I have deleted the app and reinstalled. Still getting the strange screen which it gets stuck on and does not allow me to select anything. Anyone have any solutions? Thank you!

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

Me too. Please fix this guys. Come on!

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

Me too, i cannot even take a photo within the app now, I can only access photos in my library,  and this takes an age to do. They then get added in the reverse order. 

Why did you change this? it worked perfectly? 

Please sort this out as its impossible to use on my iphone now. 

Thanks 

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

@collectorcaveukben @classygalboutique @dalrph94 @nommarques @downscale2007 

Thanks for the posts. Our selling team is looking into this urgently.

Thanks

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

Yes!  This is becoming annoying and taking way too long to list items now. I don’t want to sit and reorder my pictures every time. This really needs an urgent fix! 

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

This newest update really sucks for photo uploads on the iPad os app. It should load the photos in the order you tap them. stop renumbering and changing the order, this sucks. It is also not as fast as the older method. If you are going to number then number in the order of the photos being tapped. When you are listing, speed is key. This upgrade is slowing the process down. Fix it, quickly please.

Really ebay, do you even work with real anchor store listers? I have been using the apple iOS platform since its inception and on listing ebay since 1998. This is absolutely proof you do not use actual professional listers. 

we need speed, continuity with the desktop platform and professional customizable, namable, savable templates for various categories and types of items we list that auto populates several settings on the iPad & iPhone app. The more you slow our labor and ability to list, the less we list, the less money we both make right?

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

Do you have a billion images on your phone?  My load times been excessively long due to all the pictures I have on my phone, but it does load after 10 seconds, or so.  I hope they fix this problem.

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

Good Evening 

I have been having the same issue that you all are experiencing.  From October 8th - 12th I updated my IOS  and the whole process has been disrupted uploading photos from my I-phone 11 + to the ebay app.  I have been encountering several things.  

1. After selecting the + button to add photos I tap the photo images button -1x, 2x, 3x 4x no pictures load then e pictures finally appear. I select them and they just spin and spin and do not upload just spin 

this is just one issue

2. the drafts I created this week from 10/8 - 10/12 will not open on my desktop an error message appears 

OOOPS something went wrong  OK 

I believe there is a connection to the phone app picture section

3. the picture loading is so slow, really slowing down the process Very time consuming

3.  Today's bug is disturbing- I have been selecting pictures and the (12) pictures I have selected are not of the item but of 12 different personal pictures of my phone. Crazy thing is they are pictures from ALL different times

One picture was from 3 years ago, the next picture one year ago, the next picture 4 years ago, the next picture from this year...CRAZY

I called concierge about everything above and I said at first I thought I was crazy but it has been happening all day. The rep Adam was wonderful he created a draft on his phone then went to upload pictures from his phone and some pictures of his dog populated. 

I am posting here to bring attention to this and see if anyone else has experienced this today??? This is very concerning.  I recently started using a VA service out of the US and I was scared it had something to do with that, but after seeing some posts here  I see I am not alone .  

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

Please do. Surely any update should be to IMPROVE process rather than worsen it. I never had a problem with the previous uploader system and it seems nor did anybody else. At the very least, could you urgently roll back to previous version until this one is corrected please?

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

I am having the same issue. Its taking additional time to put the images in order and its very frustrating...

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

Yes, this is frustrating. On my app it appears to be loading the images I select in the order they appear in my iPhone images.  You used to be able to select them in the order you wanted them to appear. But now it loads them in the time stamped order. eBay needs to correct this! It’s time consuming for sellers listing from the app. 

Message 15 of 41
latest reply