cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of items in search no longer appears

This latest update 7-17-18 is awful.  Specifically the number of items in a search no longer is available. This is significant to me.  I want to know if there are 18 or 18000 items to look through.  The Notifications page is so large only 3 items appear on a screen instead 8+. 

Now it it would be nice to be able to set defaults in settings for searches.  Default is an option but it is eBay ‘s default, not mine.  I do get tired of setting item location each time I do a search.

has anyone had the same issues?  I love my iPad since I can shop from my easy chair, instead of going to my office and starting up my computer.  Isn’t eBay interested in keeping buyers online longer?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@1624blue @patvb @joh_schmidt

Thank you for the reports and the screen shots. We will send the feedback over for the notifications screen. 

For the search count it is at the bottom of the screen, in one of the screenshots you can see where it says 2 results at the bottom.

Thanks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Me too, and I agree, this is important to know.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@joh_schmidt @patvb

Thanks for the posts. Could you please share a screen shot of your notification section so we can investigate the changes.

Thanks

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hi,

Where I circled the heart (“Save”) used to be the number of items found for this search, this is for new and for saved searches. 

15D99C8F-2CB0-4C8F-A6E0-65E4C2DA79FE.jpeg

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Bring back the search count!!!!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I’ve attached screen shots that illustrate the 3 issues I mentioned. 

• The missing number of auctions found found in a search.
  • I think the heart button moved over to the # auctions location.
  • The notifications page, the  images are larger so you only see 3 at a time.  Before you could see 8-9 images/notifications at a time.  In addition,  now you must view each notification for the bullet to go away and the # in the bottom tray go away.  
  • There is no way to set defaults in the search criteria and must reset them each time I do a search.  For instance, I only want to see auctions in US, but every time I change what I’m searching for, this must be reset.  It’s annoying. 

All of my screen shots are in landscape on an iPad.  I hope this helps.

Pa

IMG_0629.jpgIMG_0628.jpgIMG_0619.jpg

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you!  The number of search items is back and I am so happy!!  Thank you for listening to us.  

Can you you return the Notifications page back to the way it used to be?  Mentioned in my original post in this thread.  The rest of my items are suggestions, but not a show stopper.

Pat

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@1624blue @patvb @joh_schmidt

Thank you for the reports and the screen shots. We will send the feedback over for the notifications screen. 

For the search count it is at the bottom of the screen, in one of the screenshots you can see where it says 2 results at the bottom.

Thanks

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I spoke too quick when I said the issue was fixed. I have two ipads, one an ipad air, and the other is an ipad pro. I was using my ipad pro when I said the issue was solved. However, the issue appears to be isolated to the ipad air, which is an older version of ipad. Perhaps that will help with solving the issue.

Pat
Message 9 of 9
latest reply