cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Block unsolicited offers from sellers

If I keep getting these offers I’m going to uninstall this stinking app.  I hate the sellers to do it, this is the most hateful feature eBay has ever come out with. I still want to get other notifications about shipping etc. These notifications spam my phone and block the screen when I’m trying to work. I still want to get a important notifications not seller spam, so blocking all notifications  from this app is obviously not an option.  Just because I put something in my watchlist doesn’t mean I want you to nag me about it and I’m pretty sure I’m getting notifications about stuff that’s not in my watchlist. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Use a desktop browser to go to you account Communication preferences:

https://commspreferences.ebay.com/commsprefs

From there, edit your Buying Activity to uncheck "Offers to buyers" or "Second chance offers" or any other type of message you do not want to receive.

eburtonlab_0-1652471923170.png

Also look at Marketing Communications for other things to uncheck.

Offers can be received for items on your Watch List, in your cart, or items you have looked at more than once (even if that means refreshing the item page).

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I'm not the one who asked the question originally, but THANK YOU!! These were starting to drive me insane.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You are very welcome!

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

This is a non-solution. Buyers should be able to receive offers on items that they are watching without having to be spammed with offers for everything they look at but do not want to watch. As a seller, I frequently click on other sellers' items to compare prices etc., so I get these offers constantly and that's why I'm here. However, as a buyer, I would like to receive offers on items that I am watching. Currently there's no solution for this. I think that sellers (like me) should not be allowed to spam other eBay users just because they clicked an item. I accidentally bought one item from such an offer because it matched an item that I was selling, and on the app the offers look nearly identical. It's an annoying feature that should be buried forever. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

As a seller, I frequently click on other sellers' items to compare prices etc., so I get these offers constantly and that's why I'm here. However, as a buyer, I would like to receive offers on items that I am watching. Currently there's no solution for this.

Use separate accounts for buying and selling. Then set your preferences in each account so that you only get offers for things you want to buy, not things you are researching for selling.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@bragosse0 wrote:

As a seller, I frequently click on other sellers' items to compare prices etc., so I get these offers constantly and that's why I'm here. However, as a buyer, I would like to receive offers on items that I am watching. Currently there's no solution for this.

Use a private browsing window that's not signed in to eBay when you're doing research @bragosse0 . Or use a different browser that's not signed in.

If you use the app for everything then either sign out or use a browser window when doing research.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Thanks! I went ahead and turned off "offers to buyers" because I would rather miss out on offers than have to take the extra steps to do research off my account, especially since it's all on my phone and I rely on my history for quick reference sometimes. I wish eBay would just kill the spamming feature for non-watchlist items. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Does turning off "offers to buyers" prevent you from receiving ANY offers from sellers, or just from receiving them by email? I still want to receive offers through notifications on Ebay's website, just not by email.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Although your message is from 05/03/22, you evidently are still buying on eBay.

Glad to hear you found a way to deal with sellers who send offers.

Just have to add that, if you felt this was the most hateful feature on eBay, you are really fortunate.

Other buyers and sellers can give you their lists of unlikeable features.  

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I still want to receive offers through notifications on Ebay's website, just not by email.

You may want to look into setting up a filter through your email provider so that those offer emails are sent to a different folder, skipping your inbox.

Or you may want to consider giving eBay an entirely different email address.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I HATE GIMMICKS!! Why setup a feature that appears the same as a purchase. I thought someone bought something from me. The seller acted like he didn’t notice I cancelled. Why the phuck wpuld you try to MAKE someone buy something they don’t want

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I have everything turned off and I still receive the spam. 

Has anybody figured out how to stop eBay from spamming you this way?

It has nothing to do with the app. I don't use the app. I would never ever allow an app for a website when all you need is a link especially when that website is one of the most corrupt business based out of the United States. No sense letting that into your phone to try and track you and monitor you. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

No results editing communication preferences  using a  PC.   Surprise! I don't need help from Ebay to shop and I resent attempts at coercion.     Is this really supposed to help someone?  Congratulations Ebay, you have now entered the world of forced ads and telephone solicitors.  Storing the crap on my machine, will mean good bye. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

ANCIENT THREAD FROM 2022

Message 15 of 15
latest reply