cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DARK MODE FOR EBAY IOS APP

I think I can speak for many when I say this: please include a Dark Mode for the Ebay iOS app. The bright white everywhere is hard on the eyes at night when I’m browsing eBay. It would be a much welcome update! 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@cophed @pakl_9 @ashemonia @crista_kid @crista_kid 

Thanks for all the feedback. Today the dark mode is controlled by your iOS dark setting per Apple guidelines. We are looking into adding an extra switch for those who would like the app to remain light.

Thanks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 18 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

@pakl_9 

Thanks for the suggestion. This is something we are looking into.

Thanks

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Any ETA on this? Even with adjusting brightness and warmth the white is still harsh on eyes. If you customers start to go blind it'll be more difficult for them to buy on eBay. Please look into this harder. Thanks!

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

This news is awesome! Hope it happens soon! 

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Ebay have been "looking into this" for 3 years, the idiots are tlsokg their time. Useless noobs

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

They've recently updated their changelog on the iOS app in the app store stating this was being worked on and coming in the next release or so...

They even changed their loading color of the app to a dark background recently as a teaser of sorts...

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Does anybody know if there’s a way to return the app to normal brightness? Viewing on an iPhone and I’ve only been getting a black background which I don’t actually want. Called customer help but they had no advice.  If I delete and re download the app it goes back to normal but then after a few hours it’s black again. Anybody else getting the same? Thanks 

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@lorenzosnootsandsnoots 

Can you please share a screen shot. It sounds like you might have dark mode turned on your phone and seeing the dark mode Ebay app.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@triangleretro @pakl_9 @verified_gold_bullion @japan-treazures 

You should start to see the dark mode coming over the next couple weeks.

Thanks

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

That's solved it!

I didn't know there was a dark mode on the ebay app so I couldn't find a way to turn it off with googling.

Thank you for your help!

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

I can see dark mode on my iPad, but not yet on my iPhone with the same Apple ID! Can’t wait to see it there too! Thank you!

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

How did you remove the dark mode it’s driving me crazy??? 

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Can you guys add a toggle within the app i have darkmode and i like dark mode within ios but i like to choose the apps that have darkmode on i dont like that it automatically changes to when when i have it system wide. Please let us choose when dark mode for specific app. Yes i have it on systemwide but i want it only on ios not on the app. Twitter and facebook messanger both added toggles and personally for messages for facebook i have it off.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Same I hate the dark mode for eBay there’s not even a option to change it for iOS users its hella dumb NOT EVEYONE WANTS DaRk MoDe eBay!!!!!
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

I’m the same. I like my phone to be dark mode but some apps I want in light mode. I don’t know why it’s dependant on what your phone is set at. Please add a toggle within the app.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply