cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't buy the same item from a seller

This is really frustrating, so i got this item from a seller before, and now recently i decided to buy the same item again from same seller as they still have it available.

But as soon as i tap on the item (no matter where i am on the app) it takes me to the same frustrating menu that says (thank you for your purchase). With no other option to buy again or go around this glitch! 

I've seen others experience this issue but with no solution or fix... is there any way around this?  Am i forced to buy from another seller now? What the hell ebay? 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

It's possible that the seller may have blocked you. Was it a seller with whom you had a good or bad (previous) experience?

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Some suggestions for things to try can be found here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/Can-t-buy-from-sellers-I-bought-from-before-on-mobile-devi...

If none of that helps you should be able to purchase an item again using a mobile browser instead of the eBay app.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Its a seller a have a great relationship with and plus, it lets me buy all of the other items on their store.. actually i just did ordered something else (from that same seller) and it went trough as usual.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@ricardmot60 wrote:

This is really frustrating, so i got this item from a seller before, and now recently i decided to buy the same item again from same seller as they still have it available.

But as soon as i tap on the item (no matter where i am on the app) it takes me to the same frustrating menu that says (thank you for your purchase). With no other option to buy again or go around this glitch! 

I've seen others experience this issue but with no solution or fix... is there any way around this?  Am i forced to buy from another seller now? What the hell ebay? 

Hi @ricardmot60. If you're on the page that shows the "thank you for your purchase" message, you should be able to scroll down to see the Buy It Now and Add to cart buttons (if stock remains). If those buttons are not present, then it is indicative of an issue, but they should be present. Please let us know

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Ok, i had a look and if i scroll down just shows me other items from same seller and recomendations from other sellers.. nothing else, no option to buy again.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Elizabeth, I've been having the same difficulty for  the past 6 months using both the android app and iPhone app. if I login via a browser it's fine. 

There is no way to see the item nor rebuy the item. The screen shows other things to buy but not the previously bought item being looked at. 

Today I thought it was just android problem so I uninstalled app and cleared data cache but still happened. I even installed eBay app on a new iPhone and had the same problem.

Can your team please look into this issue?

Thanks

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

There is no way to see the item nor rebuy the item. The screen shows other things to buy but not the previously bought item being looked at.

Can you describe what links you are following and what pages you see?

Using the Android version of the app I am able to go from Purchases to Order Details, from there tap the item title and get to a screen with a "You purchased this item on [date]" at the top which has the item picture and title, and further down the page are "More like this". Just below the title, however, is a link to "See original listing" if the item is not available for repurchase.

For multiple quantity listings that are still available, I am able to go from Order details tap the item title to get to a page with a "Buy It Now" link if I scroll down.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I’m having the same issue on the phone app. I also got the same on an iPad. I eventually had to order via a browser on my laptop. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Hi there, I’m having the same issue and have for a couple of months. I can’t repurchase the same item twice from anyone. 

Did you find a fix?? 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Original message is from 11/19/23.

If you and the others who've tagged on here want answers, may I humbly suggest you start your own new thread?

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Issue has been going on for months and still hasn't been fixed. I'm on android mobile and it absolutely will not let me purchase some items I've bought several times before. Won't even let me look at the product page, just automatically takes me to a "thanks for your purchase" screen when I click the item. It's infuriating.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Issue has been going on for months and still hasn't been fixed.

If you are using the eBay app, make sure it is the latest version.

If you are using a mobile browser and the link is not currently working for you, try using the browser in classic mode, or else desktop mode.

At the moment, all modes are working for me, though there were problems with the link last week using the app or a mobile browser in mobile mode.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Having the same issue on the app.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

i had something like that happen.....made an offer, was declined, made another offer/buy it now and i got this message:  

*Sorry, you are not allowed to purchase this item. This item is only available to buyers who have not purchased 1 or more items from this seller in the past 10 days.*

i've never purchased from this seller that i know of, and if i did, it was definitely NOT in the past 10 days.

???

Message 15 of 18
latest reply