cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title of product changes to another item when selected

The item we sold (title):

CArt Eagle and USA Flag Americana Car Coaster Single, Buy 2 or More & Save 20%

A customer stated that they hadn't received the right item.  They placed their order on their phone.  They said they purchased a set of two and claimed we changed our title of the item after they purchased.  (We didn't. The last recorded revision was in November for quantity -- the order was placed in December.)

The title of the one they thought they purchased: 

CountArt Absorbent Stoneware Car Coaster Eagle & Flag - Set of 2

The research we did on the phone shows:

If we select ours, then the title changes when it goes to the next screen, but has all of our information.

If they select the one for a set of 2, then it goes to the page for that listing!?

Something terribly wrong with eBay on the phone if it is changing information on the initial selection.

Anyone know how to contact eBay about this?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@katescottages

Thank you for the report. Could you please email is a screenshot of the screen you are in when it shows the wrong title. You can send this to iosfeedback@ebay.com. We will look into this.

Thanks

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Responded to your request, but have not received an answer to the email.

I now have a second product that is causing the same problem.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@katescottages

We have received the email and are looking into this.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This issue has not been fixed.

Within a three week period of time I had this happen twice.

I've emailed you with the issues and they are being ignored.

eBay Seller Update Fall 2017 requires that we use UPC nos.  On the mobile app, this may be helpful in finding similar items for sale, however, when a customer decides they want to investigate further on a  seller's listing, it should take them to the ebay item numbered item, not a composite of multiple listings under the UPC number.

There are items sold by manufacturers where the UPC number is tied to one single item.  This includes linens (kitchen or bath) and coasters (tabletop or car coasters).

In such instances, some sellers choose to make pairs/sets out of the item but still use the UPC code attached to a single item.

This is where the flaw is in your mobile -- more specifically to the second "page" where a cumulative title is placed over the image, while the description below the image is accurate -- but the customer rarely scrolls that far.  

While the customer is choosing an item that is in the selection presented -- and that item clearly states single or one (1) -- when it advances to the secondary, more detailed page, the customer will see a title that isn't even related to that sellers product.

Since the title is clearly the predominant problem, would it be easier to eliminate the title above the image on the more detailed secondary page?

If 50% of the items purchased on through the mobile app, I would think that making it more accurate would be a top priority.

I've only heard from 2 customers, but how many other customers have I lost a repeat customers because of this gross oversight / neglect on your part?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply