Hello, can anyone id these ribbons

the red one has red reflective stripes at each end

Thank you

Bill

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ribbon Identification needed

First one looks like Arkansas Service Ribbon National Guard five years service.

Not sure on da rest of them, might be either ROTC related or reflective stuff is usually NATO related,

then there's da thing that they could be State issued for a specific disaster or deployment.

If you had a time period/frame it might narrow it down sum. As they aren't commons.

Just my opinion

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the reply, sorry i cannot give a period for them. Only thing i can say is they came with some other ribbons of which one was a Naval General Service Ribbon and another was an rotc/jrrotc Military Officers Association ribbon. I have search allready for other rotc and Naval ribbons but no matches?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Distinguished Distin&uished Citizen Medal- Gold (Current)
Medal - Gold
Ribbon - Blue, gold, white, green and red stripe
Awarded by: National Commandant
Recommended by: Detachment\Department\National Division Vice Commandant
For Approval: Department \National Division Vice Commandant
National Awards Committee
* Shall be awarded by National Commandant ONLY. This medal is automatically presented to the
National Marine of the Year with the FMF device (Eagle, Globe & Anchor) signifying National Marine of
the Year. Recommendation(s) for this medal must be in writing and sent to the National
Commandant via the National Awards Committee for their recommendation for approval or
disapproval. The medal will be awarded only to Marines who, in the opinion of the Awards
Committee, have answered to the call of "Above and Beyond" the principles upon which the Marine
Corps League was founded. A 3/16" gold star will be worn to indicate additional awards.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Could that last one be a faded out Legion of Merit ribbon? they are red with white strip at the ends
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@alltoys wrote:
Could that last one be a faded out Legion of Merit ribbon? they are red with white strip at the ends

Sorta looked like red laurels on each end stamped in there. Was thinkin Legion of Merit ribbon till I saw that.

But some States had their own Legion of Merit ribbon fer National Guard,

Like that last tan or khaki one usally sumthin like/with Desert Storm but not sure.

Just my opinion

Message 6 of 6
latest reply