cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a UN Peacekeeper helmet?

Hello,

I purchased this helmet 20 years ago from a veteran who ran a vintage militaria store in Garland, TX. He told me it was a UN Peacekeeper helmet and I'm wondering if anyone here can confirm that. I don't want to list it with incorrect info and I'm having no luck with Google. The inner strap has McRae A B 18355236.

Thank youIMG_1241.jpgIMG_1242.jpgIMG_1245.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Military Police. Could be from anywhere and any allied country that had access to US helmets. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Going to guess that the suspension is from 1974 based on the 74. Purely a guess. The helmets were commonly refitted and\or reissued. Probably older than 74. If you look real close top center inside the helmet there may be some markings on the shell itself.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Is that a helmet or is it just a liner? The inside looks like a liner (for my US Army helmet I had), but the fact that it is painted makes me think not. Just wondering...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It's just the liner. They could be used (sans the hard shell) for dress or any uniforms that didn't need the actual helmet. US M1 helmets are still used all over the world and that one is UN colors but could be anything. Maybe for MP or watch standing?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the responses - very helpful info to include in the listing.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You're right - there's a circle with a W and what looks likeIMG_4354.jpg 18.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

W = Westinghouse

Does look like an 18.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply