cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID help please on Military pin?

Hi. A friend gave me a little pin and I was curious about it since it looked like the Scottish Lion Rampant but it's tail turns the other way at the tip. It's only about an inch square in size with a shield shape. It's silver with a black enamel lion and was made by N S Meyer Inc N.Y.C. There is a little shield under the name. If someone could please tell me more about it I would appreciate it. Thank you so much!
~*~ You could say I lurk, but the simple truth is that I have nothing to add to the conversation ~*~
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Can you provide an image?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Trying now, it's been a while since I've done this 🙂

~*~ You could say I lurk, but the simple truth is that I have nothing to add to the conversation ~*~
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

And the back, pin up out of the way.  Sorry they're so huge!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I think yer pin-Emblem is...

\

VA-212, nicknamed the Rampant Raiders, was an Attack Squadron of the U.S. Navy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VA-212_(U.S._Navy)

Back in da begining when they were flying da Vought F7U Cutlass

The current/later logo has two tails, some of the bomber squadrens used a similar emblem
but most of those were holding sumthing like a bomb in paws.

The N S Meyer shield looks correct, which means it has silver content also, (Silver is currently
down in price).

The emblem is called a Rampant Lion like you stated.

so you might want to try a search as I could be wrong about VA-212 as old Meyer pins are
about da most copied/counterfit deal on the market. England also used that type of squadron logo.
it's the paint on thing that makes it seem 50's ta me.

Rare that you see a pin go over 30bucks
So I'm not sure why anyone would tool up fer that normal 5buck pin deal.

yours would fall in between those two prices if real.

Just my opinion

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Cool, thank you for the information!

I'll check the link and share the infor with my friend tomorrrow at work. She'd brought in a bunch of stuff for our gift shop and it caught my eye because it was nothing like the rhinestone earrings and other things in the box so we wanted to know what exactly it was.  If I didn't have Scottish friends I wouldn't have even known about the Lion Rampant.

I appreciate your help!

Toni

Message 6 of 6
latest reply