cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is not protecting me

I recently sold something for the first time on eBay. It was for this item JVC GY-HD110 Camcorder, DR-HD100 DTE Recorder, Glidecam V... (182719120045). I received several emails for that item stating that it was sold via eBay and Paypal. So I followed the instructions because it was the same customer that purchased on the eBay site and said awaiting funds. So when I followed the instructions and shipped the item and added tracking number of the order I noticed that I still have not received funds so I decided to contact eBay and I was told that no funds were on hold and no payment had been made even though I received an email from eBay stating that it was completed and it had to be shipped in order to release the funds from the buyer. During this call we lost connection but before the call ended she did say to contact Paypal. So I contacted Paypal and they have no recorded of a transaction. They stated that this would have to be handled by eBay not Paypal. They put in a spoof@paypal in regard to the email I received from them and found out that the email was fake. Since this time I have received emails from the customer why the shipment was stopped. I contacted ups and stopped the shipment because of this matter however I spent 627.22 on ups overnight saver to deliver this customers package per the instructions from the eBay email and Paypal email from the same customer on the eBay site. So I contacted eBay again and they are trying to tell me that they are not responsible for this and that they can only put a strike on this customer which is Petrraymon-0 and that they would not be able to do anything. I had originally sent the documents of what happen via the service request 1-125695749897. I had spoke to Steven T first and he stated that he couldn't do anything about this and that they could only give the buyer Petrraymon-0 a strike. I stated that is unfair to me as a first time seller and I should be protected from things like this using their site, he said sorry I cant do nothing so I asked to speak to his supervisor. I then was put on with Jarvis and was told after giving the complete same story again and him reviewing the documentation that he could not do anything but give the buyer a strike. After going back and forth with him he said he could give me a $100 eBay coupon for my problem but that was it. I stated how does that seem fair to me being a customer and first time user of eBay he just stated he was sorry and that was all he could do. I said someone has to be able to help with this situation and he said no there is not. He said I can have my boss call back but he was not there and that it would have to be a call back. Which I asked over and over again that their was no one else he stated that is it and the buck stops with him but he will have JR call me back. This whole situation is based off me receiving emails from eBay and Paypal stating instructions of what to do from the same buyer on eBay. I believe this is a lack of good customer service for eBay seller customers and lack of care in general on ebays part. I suggest that no one deal with eBay as a seller because you are not protected. Paypal is not better because of this because both wanted to shift blame to the other. I do believe that eBay and Paypal should take responsibility of protecting their customers. Here are photos of the emails and emails from he eBay buyer who on the site is the same customer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)