cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your PayPal account has been removed as an automatic payment method

Hi all, looking for some help....

I just received this message from eBay:

Dear ******,

We've tried to charge the PayPal account you set up to automatically pay for your eBay fees, but the payments are being returned. Sometimes an expired credit card or not having money in the account can cause the problem. Because of the returned payments, we've removed your PayPal account as your automatic payment method.

Your ability to sell on eBay will be limited until you choose a new automatic payment method. Please follow the instructions below to set up a new automatic payment method:

1. Click the "Site Map" link at the bottom of most eBay pages.
2. Scroll down and click the "Choose Automatic Payment Method" link under "My Selling Account" in the middle column. You may have to sign in.
3. From the drop-down menu, select "Direct Pay" or "Credit Card," and then click the "Set Up Automatic Payments" button. You may have to sign in again.
4. Enter your new payment information, and then click the "Continue" button.

Note: If your account is past due, you'll need to make a one-time payment to cover the current charges. Your new automatic payment method will be used to pay for future invoices. If you've already updated your automatic payment information to a new payment method, please ignore this message.

If you have any concerns or questions, click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

This doesn't really make sense because I had funds on my PayPal account when fees were supposed to be paid, as well as funds on my backup card. Ok, now went to check my PayPal and all seems ok there, VISA card registered and working fine, but when I try to update my automatic payment method by adding PayPal back, after filling out all the necessary info, I get this message and I'm denied of adding the card, and with that am unable to list any new items:

• Please add a debit or credit card to complete your purchase.

Anyone had this problem before, how can it be fixed. How do I get in touch with eBay regarding this via live customer support or email?

Thanks,

NJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)